How to hunt brown bears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
To whom ever might want to read, "trophy hunters" make only an extremely small percentage of the total hunt, I have never met one. But this is one more of those false perception that the "good, conserned" peoples postulate from church steps, condeming those they do not know or care to know or understand (they write articles of the few trophy hunters to sell subscritions, it's the majority of hunters they don't write articles about). As I have said before the bush is full of such ignorant remarks, SIRS,!! I may live in those backwoods but they are as important to me and my family as your (Hide Park?sp) and contrary to popular belief we are not dumb, slack, jawed, drooling hicks with no schooling running around with a jug, shooting indiscrininately. Maybe we didn't spend a fortune in schooling fees, we were in the bush working and observing, what Creator gave us to protect. Most decrease in any of the animal population comes from an extreme change in habitat from mony based companies or as the case of the passenger pidgeon from commercial market shooters that have as much to do with any sort of hunting as grand prix racing with going to work in the morning with your auto. I don't know where some of you are getting fed this pap but live in the "backwoods and really use your "logic" understand before changing our lives with drivel and retreating home safe and sound at dusk. Guns are no more dangerous that the beloved Mora knife, it is in the use not abuse that they serve purpose. If a firearm scares you then bless you but what would you do with a chain saw? I understand that the British Ilses has lost their hunting tradition a long time ago but I am disapointed and disheartened that the Nation that gave the world the Magna Carta and common law would come to this lack of personal freedoms, trading freedom for percieved security... loosing one and not getting the other. It is getting to the point you can no longer transport (carry a) knife without an elaborate ruse and play on word, how long really is "Bushcrafting" going to last at this rate? At least be proud of what you do, not make excuses for doing it. Well I guess this is going to get me kicked off the forum, to bad you have something good here but most likely will loose it if you don't stand for it.
I depart..... be well. Carcajou Garou

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Guys and girls, this seems to have moved so far off track that it's a completely different subject from the one that Abbe instigated, his was a discussion that after some careful thought was allowed to run, but this is now getting into subject matter that is always going to be volatile.

I'm going to close this thread, my apologies to Abbe, I hope that you got some useful info out of it :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Would the whole lot of you calm down and keep your hair on! I have been watching (most) of this thread from the start and it is almost as if some of you are willfully reading things into other people's posts based on your own preconceptions and experiences, and NOT on the exact words that people have used.

If someone says something that makes you hot under the collar, something you feel you absolutely must put them straight on, go take a lap of your house or something and cool off before penning a reply!

The topics of bears and hunting have been covered here and there through these forums. I am sure that the feelings of most of the people writing here are already public record :rolleyes:

Ha, just noticed Tony had acted :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE