how to get pine resin???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

law

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
north wales
hi timtom1
i wud avoid cutting or drilling if you can,instead look for already damaged or windblown branches or scars. there you shud find the whiteish crystalised resin, all conifers produce
this resource spruce being a major one if you find a forestry plantation look along the tracks were havesters and skidders have been most if not all the unfelled trees will have sustained sum branch damage hope this helps

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Here in Mid Wales, the sheep seem to like licking it!
There are often wounds in the conifers at low levels and the resin that seeps out is licked by the sheep in the adjacent fields so that its all smooth. You can prise a piece of resin off lower down for fire lighting and glue, but if you want it for chewing yourself, I'd go for something a bit higher up the tree!
Theres no need to create further damage as there'll be plenty occouring naturally.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tipi

Jun 14, 2006
Wondering Wizard, UK
i read in a climbing book a good way to get resin is to boil the needles, havnt tried it so not sure if it works.

climbers use it for drying fingers and making them sticky, instead if chalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE