How to get old BBC programmes ?

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Hi all,

Not bushcrafty at all, but someone might be able to help.

Im desperatley trying find a copy of a BBC Panorma programme first broadcast back in 1990. It's called, ' The debriefing of Colonel Gordievsky '. Ive searched on the Panorama website, but their archives only go back as far as 2000.

Just found its actually ITV, World in Action, called " The Go Between "

Anybody got any ideas how i may be able to find it ?

Cheers,

Paul

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
plenty of stuff about old oleg - anything in particular you want? a mate started work at the beeb today so I might be able to ask him once he's been there a few weeks and knows the score.

I think you can apply to the bbc for a copy if its for research purposes as technically its public property or even go and watch it there in the same way you can ask the british library for any book.

have you emailed panorame through their pages on the bbc web site?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Sattelite TV seems to thrive on old BBC programs - as I explained to the nice man from Sky when I ditched my subscription!:lmao: He actually conceded the point!

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
caught you asking on CP. is it the interview you are after or video of the techniques of shadows, tailing and boxing targets you're after? if so that thing they show on virgin with david shayler 'spy school' I think its called might have what you want as oleg has been on there.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Pm,d ya Dave

caught you asking on CP. is it the interview you are after or video of the techniques of shadows, tailing and boxing targets you're after? if so that thing they show on virgin with david shayler 'spy school' I think its called might have what you want as oleg has been on there.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
If you don't get any further, you might try contacting the National Museum of Photography Film & Television in Bradford...

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/

They have a huge archive (they’ve got some of my stuff so they could have any old rot), even if they don’t have it they could probably point you in the right direction. Failing that I think I’ve got Andrew Brittain’s mobile number, I think he was presenting it then, but don’t tell him where you got it :)

Anyway, what was the programme about?

Andy

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Its a programme produced by Granada for World in Action. It shows the techniques employed by the KGB in the 80's and 90's to detect if they were being followed. Its narrated by Oleg Gordievsky.

It was aired in 1990.

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE