How to buy nukes on the black market!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I subscribe to the VICE channel on youtube . Sure lots of us do. Great Journalism channel who do lots of documentaries about people living in the wilderness.

Bit this one is a wee bit scary.

Basically, a french journalist was able to got to Bulgaria, and rather easily buy a working nuclear warhead, as the soviets stockpiled munitions in Bulgaria during the cold war.

Only 9 minutes long, but it suggests that if its that easy to get hold of one, its just a matter of time before someone does explode a 'suitcase nuke' somewhere.

After seeing the disastrous way in which FEMA handled the flooding in New Orleans, I'd hate to se what happened in the aftrmath of such a cataclysmic event.

BCUK rules state that survivalism is a controversial subject which can get heated. I didnt post this to have a debate about survivalism.

Just though it would interest, [or horrify] some of you!

[video=youtube;0c4f4NJSB_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4f4NJSB_4[/video]

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.......After seeing the disastrous way in which FEMA handled the flooding in New Orleans.......

What was unconscionable was that New Orleans expected FEMA to do their job for them. Mississippi recovered from far worse damage from the same hurricane with minimal federal aid and without the publicity given to New Orleans. Fortunately there's been a change in administration in Louisiana and New Orleans.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I subscribe to the VICE channel on youtube . Sure lots of us do. Great Journalism channel who do lots of documentaries about people living in the wilderness.

Bit this one is a wee bit scary.

Basically, a french journalist was able to got to Bulgaria, and rather easily buy a working nuclear warhead, as the soviets stockpiled munitions in Bulgaria during the cold war.

Only 9 minutes long, but it suggests that if its that easy to get hold of one, its just a matter of time before someone does explode a 'suitcase nuke' somewhere......

To be honest, it's only a matter of time before some bright college student sets one of that he or she built themselves.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What was unconscionable was that New Orleans expected FEMA to do their job for them. Mississippi recovered from far worse damage from the same hurricane with minimal federal aid and without the publicity given to New Orleans. Fortunately there's been a change in administration in Louisiana and New Orleans.

Yes, I should have said, the way in which it was reported, that Fema handled the flooding in NO

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I gather a Geiger counter would confirm its full of the nasty stuff needed to make misery.
That or buy two and get a mate to smack the pointy bit with a hammer.

A Geiger counter would show if it contained a radioactive isotope but not what type of isotope it was.
Could be Ir 192 used in radiography (I've used it when doing nondestructive testing on welds years ago) and not much cop as a fissile material or various other non fissile radioactive isotopes, some of which are contained within smoke detectors.

Can't say I've had any experience with nuclear weapon manufacture though.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I don't think its a good idea. They are too easy to trace.

And HEAVY...I thought we were all trying to travel lighter.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I don't think its a good idea. They are too easy to trace.

And HEAVY...I thought we were all trying to travel lighter.

I made a cuben fiber stuff sack for mine. Get an inverter and they are great for charging your phone. During summer they can also be detonated to stop midges and mozzies. Whats not to like :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE