How the Wild West was won with Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Aparently not, according to tv licencing if you are unable to watch tv as it is broadcast (we only watch on demand services like iplayer and netflix and have no tv aerial) then you dont need a licence. 60 quid refund thank you very much

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
That means I shouldn't be paying too lol, gonna investigate....

Aparently not, according to tv licencing if you are unable to watch tv as it is broadcast (we only watch on demand services like iplayer and netflix and have no tv aerial) then you dont need a licence. 60 quid refund thank you very much

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
what about watching live telly on iplayer?

anyway

RAY MEARS IS BACK ON TELLY!!!

Then that is by definition live TV!
Most of what I watch is on a virtual player but SWIMBO pays the licence fee and apparently gets the veto vote on what to watch...........................
The really good news is -------- she likes Rays presenting style and the quality of the information he puts across.........that is an argument I would be stupid to contemplate a fight over:lmao:
Rob.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope, "TV enabled device" isn't relevant. You can have a TV because you can watch DVDs on it. You would be sensible not to connect it to an aerial purely for evidenciary purposes, but its the act of watching live TV. I CAN watch live TV on my laptop via iPlayer, but that does not mean I need a TV licence. If I don't watch live TV, I don't need a licence. Simple.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I CAN watch live TV on my laptop via iPlayer, but that does not mean I need a TV licence. If I don't watch live TV, I don't need a licence. Simple.

If you watch live TV on iPlayer you do need a licence. From the iPlayer site: "TV Licensing. Don't forget, to watch TV online as it's being broadcast, you still need to be covered by a TV Licence.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
derailed_train.jpg

:rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you watch live TV on iPlayer you do need a licence. From the iPlayer site: "TV Licensing. Don't forget, to watch TV online as it's being broadcast, you still need to be covered by a TV Licence.

Agreed, my point is that a laptop is a "TV enabled device". Owning a laptop does not mean you need a TV licence though, nor does having a TV in the house. Its the act of watching live TV that needs a licence.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well I really enjoyed that, very interesting content and nice to see some bushcraft skills on display.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE