How do you fit an underblanket??

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
right, where do I begin. As Simon says I will be at Middlewood so keep your temper Stu. If you go here, this is how I set mine up.

First of all you could do with 6 mini karabiners ( you don't need them but it makes job easier). Dealing with one end . Take the 2 inner cords and tie them back on themselves, so halving the length. Then fit one krab through the 2 loops and attach this to the main hammock karabiner. Then fit one outer cord through the loop at the end of blanket and then pass this over the ridgeline and attach to the loop on the other side with another mini krab. Do the same with the cord on the other side.Where these go over the ridgeline it may help to fitt prussic loops on ridgeline to pull them slightly towards the tree.

Don't forget though. The cords are there to support the blanket ONLY not you.

Passing the outer loops over the ridge line eliminates the pucker in the middle like you have Shewie, in your setup. It applies just enoughtension to keep end of blanket Snug, (excuse the pun) against the hammock and stops any breeze blowing through cooling you down.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Passing the outer loops over the ridge line eliminates the pucker in the middle like you have Shewie, in your setup. It applies just enoughtension to keep end of blanket Snug, (excuse the pun) against the hammock and stops any breeze blowing through cooling you down.

Ahh I see now, I couldn`t work out why you`d need to take it so high and over the ridge line. I do find though that when I`m laid in the hammock, the "pucker" (great word btw) flattens out slightly, but probably not enough to expel any breezes.

Cheers Ian, I think something has just clicked in my brain

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
right, where do I begin. As Simon says I will be at Middlewood so keep your temper Stu. If you go here, this is how I set mine up.

First of all you could do with 6 mini karabiners ( you don't need them but it makes job easier). Dealing with one end . Take the 2 inner cords and tie them back on themselves, so halving the length. Then fit one krab through the 2 loops and attach this to the main hammock karabiner. Then fit one outer cord through the loop at the end of blanket and then pass this over the ridgeline and attach to the loop on the other side with another mini krab. Do the same with the cord on the other side.Where these go over the ridgeline it may help to fitt prussic loops on ridgeline to pull them slightly towards the tree.

Don't forget though. The cords are there to support the blanket ONLY not you.

Goooood Man Ian.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If I hang my ridge line above my tarp would you recommend hooking the outers over a utility line underneath.
I would have thought I`d get rain running down the shock cords if I hooked them over an exposed bit of ridge line ?

Any hows I`ve just ordered a few more mini crabs off ebay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE