How did you get here?

Peewit

Oct 26, 2005
Berkshire
Hello,

I may have missed this being asked before but - How did people discover the BCUK site?

For myself, I was looking for a bannocks/twists recipe, because I couldn’t remember if it needed baking powder.

That was six months ago - and now I have a thick file full of info and long list of good site links. Not to mention the welcome and personal messages. All my interest have come together in this one site!

Actually I think it found me………

Best Regards,

Peewit.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
For me I was looking for a completley different thing but also had UK at the end of it (aint aol grand) and there it was. Bit of a bonus really considering I've been involved with bushcraft for some 20+ years and never thought of looking for a bushcraft forum. But have to say its a great site and Tony must really have his work cut out, cant be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Think I was looking for something on UK knife law when I first found the old bushcraftuk site, which led me to here.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
On my Woodlore course I met a few nice people, and we decided to keep in touch. One of us made a MSN group thingie, on which we could post our piccies made during the course. There also was the possibiliy to add links to usefull sites (gear, etc.) - during one search on Google for "bushcraft" I stumbled in here :D - and never left the place ;)

L

Lost_Patrol

I was looking for info on how to sharpen a Woodlore knife properly. I found BCUK and British Blades on the same day. I've been lurking on both ever since ;)

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Must admit,

Mine was the typical bored day at work, typing random words into google, and following the links. Somehow ended up looking at tipis, then reached the wilderness gathering website and by some circuitous clicks ended up here.

Lucky my job is pretty simple, otherwise I'd have been sacked by now!

TC

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I found the forum via British Blades, which I found via Knifeforums. All borne of a love of good steel and the many uses a good blade can be put to. ("They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring!, They don't like it up 'em!")

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I was looking for contact info on a mate that I had lost touch with and hit Google, it turned up a few threads with his name in them as he teaches bushcraft in the lakes.

A couple of weeks after that I met him and got his new phone number anyway
rolleyes.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE