Hottest night of the year bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Looks set to be a scorcher to orrow night. I'm thinking of doing a 5 to 9 adventure and setting off from work tomorrow evening. Sleeping in the bivi then back to work for a shower and fry up (perks of working for big corporations).

Other than bivi I can't think what I'll need. I might take my frankly rubbish 1 season sleeping bag. My only other bag is my DD jura 2 so ill overheat in that I think.

I've got a sleeping mat. I'll grab a LWWF meal so ill take that and the gas stove.

Then just water, whiskey and a book!

Even that sounds like overkill but let me know what you think!

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Sounds like you'll have a blast bud, Should be a great moon tomorrow night to. Only because you mentioned Whiskey and water together. I don't know what type of water bottle you use? But I just use plastic lemonade bottles which you could chuck in the freezer before you go, nothing worse than a warm dram.
Here's my improvised multi-purpose port and starboard beach bar water bottle lamps.

What you reading? I just watched Jeremiah Johnson the other night, great film, So I'm probably going to be reading the book the Crow Killer or Mountain Man next.
Happy Trails Bro.

Last edited:

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
hmm ice is not a bad shout!

I might change my plans slightly and pop home 1st - feed the cat and myself then head off for what will effectively be a VERY long commute in to work.

Im currently reading the big sleep - the basis for one of my favourite movies - the big lebowski.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE