Hotels?.. Great For Bush Tucker Freebies!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
One of the girls I used to work with had a son who was a cook at the local university. Knowing I was into camping she gave me two carrier bags full of sachets of stuff like jam, marmalade, mustard, mint sauce and pepper. Turns out the uni had found dozens of boxes of these things out of code and threw them in a skip, the lad bought a load home :rolleyes:

Slightly off topic but a nurse I knew is in the TA and said they had filled a skip with 24 hour ration packs because they needed the room to set up a couple of PC's :eek: None of those were 'rescued' :(

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Those little condiment sachets from Wetherspoons are quite handy...

As someone said, think of it as urban forgaging.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Those lovely wooden coffee stirrers freely available from the plethora of coffee shops in every high street, which make great tinder and storm kettle, hobo and wood gas stove fuel!

Naturally these may be accompanied by sachets of sugar, tubes of milk and cream and serviettes, for 'off premises' consumption!

coffee_stir_big.jpg

is taking items left there for your use really stealing!? - after all you have paid for it whether you use it or not!

Is it stealing? Hmmm, not sure, tricky subject in it's self! Morally I don't condone stealing, afterall, I don't believe in taking the towels, and managed to stop at the coat hangers, as I don't consider these as 'condements'! (Stew, get your hotel to change there hangers to those ones that cannot be removed from the rail, then people might not be so tempted!! :) )

Is it wrong to deprive yourself and your room mate of tea and coffee all night, just to save it for another night, when you know you'll enjoy those 'brands' so much more!?

Is depriving youself of Jam and Marmalade on your toast in the hotel, and saving it for later toast.. Stealing? Hmm?? .. Is asking for extra barbeque sauce at Mc D's wrong, when you only really want it for those steaks your gona cook at the next meet?? Hmm??

Aaah, looks like it was one of my hotels. Wasn't Theobalds by any chance was it?

Obviously we're not so keen on people taking everything because we can't reuse it, but it is expected and in fact head office want you to take the soap stuff - brand awareness!

you mean that gourgeous hotel just off the M25/J25 in Cheshunt, that has really friendly staff, ultra clean and slick rooms, has great scope for Bussiness conferences, and a wicked Tree House??.. 'No of course Not'!! :eek:

On the up side to my Thread highlighting the treats of hotel foraging, where else could those brands get over 550 Personal exposures (this thread in one day!) for free!!.. That would of cost about £130 in postage for mailshots!!.. Like you said Stew.. Brand awareness for small pennys!! (that's what I'll tell my lawyer To tell you if you decide to contact him!) ;)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Is it stealing? Hmmm, not sure, tricky subject in it's self! Morally I don't condone stealing, afterall, I don't believe in taking the towels, and managed to stop at the coat hangers, as I don't consider these as 'condements'! (Stew, get your hotel to change there hangers to those ones that cannot be removed from the rail, then people might not be so tempted!! :) )

Is it wrong to deprive yourself and your room mate of tea and coffee all night, just to save it for another night, when you know you'll enjoy those 'brands' so much more!?

Is depriving youself of Jam and Marmalade on your toast in the hotel, and saving it for later toast.. Stealing? Hmm?? .. Is asking for extra barbeque sauce at Mc D's wrong, when you only really want it for those steaks your gona cook at the next meet?? Hmm??

you mean that gourgeous hotel just off the M25/J25 in Cheshunt, that has really friendly staff, ultra clean and slick rooms, has great scope for Bussiness conferences, and a wicked Tree House??.. 'No of course Not'!! :eek:

On the up side to my Thread highlighting the treats of hotel foraging, where else could those brands get over 550 Personal exposures (this thread in one day!) for free!!.. That would of cost about £130 in postage for mailshots!!.. Like you said Stew.. Brand awareness for small pennys!! (that's what I'll tell my lawyer To tell you if you decide to contact him!) ;)

It's a small world! :D

I don't think it's stealing. Consider the episode of friends where they take stuff from the hotel. You can take the salt, but not the salt shaker.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
foraging in hotels. heard it all now!

I was once on a massive roadtrip holiday, most of it was camping but 1 night was in a hotel, we were skint and cooked in our room on a gas burner and a trangia as it was pay for the room or eat out lol :D

good times, that was the trip i dropped my bag in a river and everything was wet through, including my doss bag. i believe in drybags now lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE