Hot waxed leather tankards and flasks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Here's a few items I have just finished making. They are all made from 4oz veg tanned leather and are all waterproofed and impregnated with beeswax.

These can be used for any COLD drinks, alcoholic or otherwise.

First is a flask based on the Mary Rose style with celtic knotwork tooled on it. I have kept it subtle though so it doesn't look too garish.

sm-celtic-flask.jpg

I am asking £50 for this flask, which includes paypal fees, post and packaging.

Next is a matching tankard. (2 photos of this one)

sm-celtic-tankard1.jpg

sm-celtic-tankard2.jpg

I am asking £50 for this tankard, which includes paypal fees, post and packaging.

If anyone fancies the pair (flask and tankard) I'll let them both go for £85.

Next is a tankard with a Bulgarian theme, inspired by my trip to the Balkan mountains earlier this year. The writing says "Bulgaria" in Cyrillic text.

sm-DSC_0021.jpg

sm-DSC_0022.jpg

I am asking £50 for this tankard, which includes paypal fees, post and packaging.

I also have a matching Bulgarian themed flask that would match the tankard well

sm-DSC_0030.jpg

I am asking £50 for this flask, which includes paypal fees, post and packaging.
If anyone fancies the pair (flask and tankard) I'll also let them both go for £85.

I also have some shot cups for sale.

sm-leather-cups.jpg

These are £10 each and I have 7 available.

There are also two tankards available that are just plain with no tooling. They are going for £40 each.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
As you know already I love your leatherwork Eric and this installment is no different! :You_Rock_

Are the designs 'cut and tooled' or are they just embossed? I've only ventured into designs via embossing so far and presume a cut tooling would weaken the leather a tad for bottles - but hey what do I know! :eek:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
As you know already I love your leatherwork Eric and this installment is no different! :You_Rock_

Are the designs 'cut and tooled' or are they just embossed? I've only ventured into designs via embossing so far and presume a cut tooling would weaken the leather a tad for bottles - but hey what do I know! :eek:

They are more pressed and tooled rather than cut. I don't use a knife to mark the pattern, but I do use a stylus with a fine rounded tip to press the design into the leather. So it has a similar effect to conventional tooling, but is in no way detrimental to the leather.

To be honest, I have so many designs for these, in different sizes that having embossing stamps made for each would cost an absolute fortune.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Cheers Eric - to be honest that is what I expected - guess I didn't articulate myself properly

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
They're cracking Eric.

I especially love the Celtic flask and tankard. From the little leather work I've done I can get some idea of the work in that. Your quality and consistency looks superb.

Cheers,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE