Hot sauce

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I have 10-14 bottles of hot sauce on the go at the moment. Ranges from Cholula Chipotle all the way to a Carolina Reaper sauce (Cajohn's). I have always liked spicy food,but my partner and daughter won't eat my usual fare, so I have to tone it down when cooking; the sauce is a compromise.

On a side note, the new tesco range of 70p sauces is really good (considering), especially the thai one (Prik some thing). Tasty stuff,competes with my Marie Sharp sauces for current favourite.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Damn , for a moment I thought you were going to offer those on the makers market.... :)
I might try making. Sounds delicious

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
No worries, yeah right , the "modified" thing really is sinister, as is the "reconstituted" bit in processed foods.
As a family we have long stopped eating stuff like that, and actually saved money in the process!! It's cheaper and healthier to make your own , no doubt!
Well done and thanks for sharing!

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Look out for the various 'Soods' brand sauces, habanero and the green Amazon are good. I bought them in B&M and keep going back for more!
Recently I got a gift of 'Marie Sharps' from Belize. Nice, thicker than Tabasco et al and a carroty flavour

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The better comercial brands here have nothing added (or very little) other than maybe ascorbic acid (Vitamin B) Tobasco has xantham gum if I remember correctly (I don't have a bottle handy to check at the moment) but Texas Pete and Louisiana brands has nothing listed other than: Peppers, Vinegar, and Salt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE