Hot in here!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Lying in my Polish lavuu with a bipod pole to give me full length. Have my 10-10-V stove in here with me (the flue exits through an arm hole, protected by a stainless collar stuffed with fibreglass insulation

It's very snug in here. Would be a better experience if I had just badly burnt my hand on a tent peg I'd been fashioning into a stove door handle but think I'm going to have a comfortable night!

Famous last words...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Not ideal photography conditions but here you go:

58DBB11D-5979-401A-B4F9-6F59F8ABB02B-69759-00002F60D8802DAD.jpg

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's raining now but so far I'm remaining dry. Have a small stock of firewood (and I'm pitched on the front lawn so about 3m from the house if things get too desperate ;))

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've had to come inside to cool off (and SWMBO made me tea... and had to read "The Gruffalo's Child" to SWCAL)... if I could keep the fire going, I probably wouldn't need a sleeping bag

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's certainly cosy... Wood stove needs some mods as can't adjust the flue damper from inside the tent and the door doesn't close properly (hence the burn) but it kicks out some heat and I'm certainly a lot warmer than normal!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well, I survived! Was really hot in there for ages and the Carinthia Defence 4 is not the bag for those who like to stretch out.

Had masses of rain but remained pretty dry - a few drips through but nothing significant. The wind woke me up on a couple of occasions, as did the chavs coming home from the pub. Once the fire had gone out it still stayed quite warm but in the wee hours the lack of baffles in the bag made a difference (and that hood is so tight!!)

Was a bit worried about being burnt (again) or gassed in the night and it was another demonstration of how good our double glazing is as the noise from the road was extreme.

All in all, I like my little tent but need to mod the entrance as difficult to close from inside (might try that marquee lacing someone put on here a while ago)

D25F0BA0-3744-4740-B93B-9E7456FC4F86-70283-00002FA8FEE53E37.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE