Horse Shoe Fungus Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
On the scrounge please :p

Some Horse Shoe Fungus to use with my flint and steel

More then willing to pay for postage and I'll give you a little present :D

Many Thanks

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Phil,

If nobody has sorted you some by June then I'll bring you some back from Sweden mate.

In the meantime do you want to nab a bit of my already proccessed stuff to try out your F&S with?

Let me know,

Bam. :D

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi,
Do you mean the one from Silver birch? I have loads of it growing round here and will happily send you some.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
fred gordon said:
Hi,
Do you mean the one from Silver birch? I have loads of it growing round here and will happily send you some.

Not quite sure if it grows on S/Birch, as the name suggests looks like a Horses Hoof ;)

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
fred gordon said:
Hi,

That is most likely to be Birch Polypore (Piptoporous betulinus), the Hoof Fungus is (Fomes fomentarius) and usally grows on large deciduous trees like Beech.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Laurence Dell said:
That is most likely to be Birch Polypore (Piptoporous betulinus), the Hoof Fungus is (Fomes fomentarius) and usally grows on large deciduous trees like Beech.

Thanks for that Lawrence :)

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
Phil,

If nobody has sorted you some by June then I'll bring you some back from Sweden mate.

In the meantime do you want to nab a bit of my already proccessed stuff to try out your F&S with?

Let me know,

Bam. :D

I was going to nick some of Phil's but I guess this is where i'll be getting mine from then :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Cheers Bam. Don't let me leave Sweden without some

:rolleyes:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I'll have a walk on the moors in the morning mate, there's plenty on there. If I'm back in time it will be in the post tomorrow.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Yep, plenty thanks Bob, had no time to prep it as yet, trying to finish a couple of other little projects, nothing really exciting though :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE