Hori hori!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Just been given this by my father:

3FB9B6F9-E45E-4177-B081-18D1D8FA8CAD-9759-000005FF69F4CE19.jpg

45A4EC17-1EBB-4FF1-9E23-19DFDE806CF9-9759-000005FF593653E7.jpg

The sheath is nasty and I might reprofile the handle but for slashing, digging and light chopping I reckon it will come in handy. I mainly got it for removing brambles in the garden

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
I've always thought those things would be "almost" an all purpose knife. I've seen them in black carbon steel too and that would be my choice as you can baton the backs ofnthencarbon steel ones. It's a knife, shovel, spear, etc. all rolled into one. Let us know how you get on with it!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Just an update. Been doing some tidying in the garden and as suspected, it's perfect for digging up bramble roots. When they go too far down you can saw them off below ground level although they'll probably come back in due course.

Also great for cutting through large amounts of grass, cutting turf where it's grown over paving and cutting small tree branches. Very versatile. Can't wait for spring to properly kick in as there are about 6 new willow trees in this corner of the garden and I'm hoping to train them into something

I swear by my hori hori. I've got the standard steel one which dooesn't look as posh. My preference. I'm a landscaper and it's brilliant for all sorts of gardening tasks. Great for peeling off the mud from your boots at the end of the day. Wouldn't find much use for it on my bimbles though. Maybe a good poo hole maker? ..........hc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE