Honey stove with spirit burner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bobc

Jul 8, 2015
Yorkshire
Hi
Today i tried out my honey stove with a trangia meths burner and was pleasanty impressed, boiled up a 12cm zebra pot half full of water fairly quick.
Previously the stove hadnt impressed me much burning sticks etc any tips?
Thank you for reading
Atb
Bob

stone monkey

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2015
east yorkshire
Hi Bobc
I have a honey stove copy and it works well with sticks but even better with a trangia meths burner, which i stand on top of an upturned tuna tin inside the stove. This moves the heat source nearer the pan, so when i next use it with wood am going to try building the fire right up to see if it makes any difference.
Cheers, Ian :)

Bobc

Jul 8, 2015
Yorkshire
Hi Ian
Thanks for your thoughts
I tried the stove again today with plenty of dry sycamore and whilst it did boil me a 500ml cup of water it took quite a lot of blowing into the door of the stove to keep the fuel burning
I think i need to experimt a bit with different woods
Thanks again
Bob

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Hi
Today i tried out my honey stove with a trangia meths burner and was pleasanty impressed, boiled up a 12cm zebra pot half full of water fairly quick.
Previously the stove hadnt impressed me much burning sticks etc any tips?
Thank you for reading
Atb
Bob

Hi Bob,

I find stoves like that work best and are very quick and easy in summer, but can be quite tricky in winter. You have to be quite picky with your fuel.

Cheers

mat

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I find stoves like that work best and are very quick and easy in summer, but can be quite tricky in winter. You have to be quite picky with your fuel.
I agree. Ithink the ideal place is on a beach where there's lots of really dry driftwood of different sizes, and a natural breeze to keep the fire roaring. Otherwise, it really is a lot of work to keep such a small fire going.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
I've only ever been able to feed mine pine however I've never had an issue with the stove in any weather. I've got an Evernew meths burner for it as a backup but I've not needed to use it.....yet. I find that once it's going and I'm feeding it thumb sized pieces of wood then it boils water very well. I was a bit dubious of how I'd fare with it when I bought it however it's turned out to be an amazing buy.

John Marris

May 7, 2016
Mexico
I was looking stove for much burning so that food could be make in less time.One day i prepare recipe which was difficult to made it was southy chicken and i faced too much problems before making it.We served it with coconut water it is a unique thing.I have to but high burner stove.Can you provide me it's qualities?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE