On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
New pictures of the 2009 version are on the site with delivery w/c 19/1/09
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/p...E.jpg&ImageTitle=&Refresh=09/01/2009+15:37:39

I'm really looking forward to mine coming as I've now sold my clikstand to fund this purchase.
I may just have to test drive it in the extreme wilds of the deepest darkest Black Country on an expedition to the bottom of my garden as soon as it arrives.
Bob, with the new configurations possible do you think that a successful set-up will qualify me for a NVQ award;)
Alan

Podcast Bob

Actually .... I think I should start a photo competition of the stove in use in wild and interesting places, as the stove seems to be used by people who really get out and do things, enjoying the whole 'real fire' social experience.

Really excited to get the new model in. I keep playing with the first sample and finding new ways to use it. The hard part seems to be explaining to people that they don't need to use all of the pieces all of the time.

Podcast Bob

Quick update.

For those who have the 08 model and would like to upgrade to the 09, I am trying to work out a special offer for just the 5 new panels. Everything else is the same.

Once we have it sorted you'll be contacted directly by email. Hope that cheers up the 'antique' owners ;-))

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
My 09 version arrived today and although I'm going to use it for real on Sunday I just couldn't resist a trial run.
So in the wilds of my kitchen I set it up with the top grill in the 'middle' and the middle grill on 'top' and put six tealight candles on the 'midddle' grill and boiled in a small primus pot water for a cuppa then scrambled an egg in the lid using it as a fry pan and a rasher of bacon to finish.
The tealights are of course slow but managed the hot water after 20mins.
I shall use my trangia burner on Sunday and perhaps also as a woodburner if possible.
As I said elsewhere, this kit replaces my clikstand and Swiss army trangia being much lighter than the latter.
I am hopeful that it will work well as a small woodburner and allow me to relegate my homemade heavy duty woodburner to occasional use (it worked very well at the last Midlands meet but is heavy to take on walks).
Alan
PS I think the Honey could be used with my Trangia multifuel stove without having to cut it about. I'll have to try that too!

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
Update: The Trangia multifuel burner fits OK as does the Trangia gas attachment if the fire door opening is used upside down. No cutting of the stove is then needed so I'm chuffed as this gives me a number of options.
Alan

Podcast Bob

Have you tried it in the square configuration yet Alan? 3 sides and the door.

I've been making the updated video today and it makes the burner incredibly efficient.

Glad it appeals to you. The new vid should be up on YouTube and TOS next few days.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
Back safely from my canoe adventure where the stove with meths burner boiled brews in short order. At the lunch break more tea, eggs,and bacon this time as a wood burner. I used a cheap folding aluminium windbreak behind the stove and found the reflected heat quite pleasant. All in all I am impressed with the build and lightness; the low fuel consumption was also a bonus.
I shall now re arrange my day kit cooking kit probably meths and woodburner, but I might take the Trangia gas attachment with a small cannister instead of meths. More experimentation needed I think (excuse for pyromania after work this week;) )

My Swiss army stove is now definately available as is my crusader cookset.
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE