Honey Stove Leather Case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've been using the Honey Stove now for a number of years, especially the funky little Pocket Stove. But the one thing that lets them down is the lack of a decent carry case. Yeah, the full size Honey has a nylon wallet it all fits into, but it is not very sturdy and soon starts to develop holes. In some cases when the stove is in a tightly packed ruck, it offers no protection to the stove, or to your items next to the stove and its sharp edges.

Last year Robbi borrowed my Honey to make a sturdier carry pocket out of leather, and I've been using it for a while now.

P1010677.jpg

P1010680.jpg

It's exceptionally well made from tough hide, and the stove fits snugly with all accessories and bits...

P1010685.jpg

P1010683.jpg

The stitching is neat and also very robust....

P1010679.jpg

The opening is held together by two flaps with poppers, which are tight and riveted to the main body....

P1010678.jpg

P1010682.jpg

P1010681.jpg

Robbi has also added two eyelets for a paracord sling. It must be because of his penchant for handbags :27: I personally don't use it for that purpose, but you could permanently secure a ferro rod to these if you don't use them as a girly sling. I actually found it useful to trail the cord to the top of my ruck so that you just tug at it and the pouch and stove come out. It tends to slide down your pack after a while, so this is really useful for quickly finding and accessing your stove.

I don't know how much Robbi is asking for these puppies, but it's a worthwhile investment if you want to protect your stove and the items packed around it. Altogether, it surprised me in a couple of ways. The first was in the amount I'd use it, and the second that Robbi actually has some skill :lmao: Who'da thought it. Hope he does a version for the Pocket Stove now, as that really needs a pouch like this.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
LOL ! thanks JD ( I think ! ) glad it's serving it's purpose :)

Many thanks for the review, looked a bit wet mate, did you find what you were looking for ?

Pocket stove ? whats one of them look like then ?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Actually, it was a rubbish day. I set out to do a pre season survey of the adders habitat and hibernaculum areas with some venison stew, loads of coffee and some soup to cook on my honey and do that write up. Got the stove out and took those pictures for the thread and then realised I'd not filled my water bottle and even worse, found out I'd packed my food in an identical bag which I'd left at home.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Ah ! not the best of days then........my fault ? gotta blame someone i 'spose, bet you were really grumpy ! :)

got a pocket stove i can borrow ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE