Homemade Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
I call this Knife "Mr. Hyde" The blade is 3 1/2 inches long and about 1 1/4 inches wide at the hump.

MrHydeknife.jpg

I gave it the name because it was made from a discarded "Hyde" brand putty knife it was heavily rusted when I found it (you can see some of the pitting). I still need to make a sheath for it but I amundecided what style to make it in.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Cheapeats,
I think its fantastic that you're recycling an old tool into something of your own design - there's certainly a lot of history behind the knife. From the European viewpoint, the finger guard is a little excessive but I'm not the one using it.

Well done

Ogri the trog

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
It is big I will admit that but it gives the knife abig knife feel. I still need to put together a sheath for it so I can get it some bush time or as we call at over here dirt time. If after using it I find the guard to large I will spend some time with a file and reduce the profile. I have a few smaller/lighter blades in the works from discarded band saw blades, one is a filet knife and the others are BOB type blades to be stashed in various kits and give away at gatherings etc. When I finish up I will post a few pictures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE