home made hammock

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I made this tonight, just wanting to see what it would be like, so used cable ties, not very bushcrafty buy quick and easy for now.......
Enjoy the pic’s and hope you like it.......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
bushcraftsman, its only an old tarp, ive got about 4 and wanted to try a hammock but not spend the money, it took about 10 mins to do with the pic's

Loenja, its an old issue tarp, totaly waterproof nylon so may sweat if i dont use any sort of mat, i think its 3m x 3m but not sure.....

Nigelp, yep im going to replace the cable ties with para cord when i get some, just wanted to see if it would work, and it does for now........

thanks all...

chris..........................................

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

Thats pretty cool. I have been thinking about doing the same myself due to a lack of funds. Do you reckon a sleeping mat would stay put in that?

Cheers

Mark

That is way cool, I have the DD Travel Hammock, which is waterproof and Condensation can be a real PITA.

To solve this I use a bivvy bag

Don't forget to lay your rollmat inside you hammock before you get inside it stops you getting cold underneath from your body compressing your sleeping bag where you lie.

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
Have you tried it out yet? Interested to see how it would compare to an off the shelf job!
Nice bit of recycling of old kit there!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey Mark, im sure it would if you put it between the layers and clipped a carabeaner in the middle loops or used cordage to tie the loops together....

I have not tried it yet but will be giving it a go on Sunday if all goes well....

will post pics if possible and let you know how i get on....

chris......................................

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry all not had achance to get out yet will try 2 moz and put some pics up lads...........

chris..........................................................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE