home made BBQ.for your landy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

landyandy

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2009
west yorkshire
hi all look what i've just made for my landrover what do you think. it's made out of SS..
40600002d.jpg

40600004.jpg

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
looks cool, how does it stay on whilst driving, is it just a tight fit or have you fixed it some other way in order to stop the little fairy people stealing it while you are not looking... goodjob

COLIN

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Now that's the best idea i've seen for a while.

I'm thinking you could attach a fire pan over or onto the tyre too after seeing that.

Great thinking.goodjob

landyandy

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2009
west yorkshire
looks cool, how does it stay on whilst driving, is it just a tight fit or have you fixed it some other way in order to stop the little fairy people stealing it while you are not looking... goodjob

COLIN

hi yes it 's a tight fit but a small strap keeps it there and a push bike lock stops the fairy people stealing it while your not looking..andy

Last edited:

landyandy

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2009
west yorkshire
Excellent idea goodjob. where did you get the round angle from?
It was one pice angle iron (ss) that was put through some rollers and then welded the two end up.
Now that's the best idea i've seen for a while.

I'm thinking you could attach a fire pan over or onto the tyre too after seeing that.
Great thinking.goodjob
i'll have a think about that.
Nicely done Andy, just needs blackening a bit now :)
it will when i get a bit of time..
Seriously impressed with that landyandy :) Would work on a bonnet mount as well no doubt. I'm guessing it's still work in progress, how is it secured? Looks to have a benefit as a theft deterrent for spare wheels as well.

All the best

406000042.jpg
[/IMG]
the wheel got a lock on and the BBQ has a big bike lock on ..THANKS ALL..andy

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I was just going to say that. In the world of series landys, you used to use an old jerry can (side cut off) with an old series mesh grill tied to it and it it used to live in the recess in front of the grill.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE