Home grown chillis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I've had a taste testing of some of my home grown chillis. A month ago they were a bit watery, but now they are bloomin' hot..

So i made a jalfrezi.... :D

Which was hot..... :eek:

Time for a drying / freezing session....

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
we had some of ours the other day. The usual ones plus Bolivian Rainbow that range in colour from green/white through orange, red and purple - not bad.

Just waitingfor the tepin to ripen - they are supposed to the hottest in the world.

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Funny i saw this thread now. I was listening to the radio about a half hour ago and it said that new research has proven that if you eat a curry with chilli's in it you dont move as much whilst asleep. Also when you wake up you have more energy and are fully coherent quicker.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
cgait said:
Funny i saw this thread now. I was listening to the radio about a half hour ago and it said that new research has proven that if you eat a curry with chilli's in it you dont move as much whilst asleep. Also when you wake up you have more energy and are fully coherent quicker.

And this response aids you in your rush to the toilet, first thing in the morning....

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
And reputed to rid cholestorol and fat !!

Anyway, i have the following growing :

Jalapeno
Habanero (red, yellow and chocolate varieties)
Chiltepin
Pusa Jwala
NuMex Big Jim :eek:
Birdseye
Scotch Bonnet

Theres a couple of others but i am damned if i can remember the name of them.

So far the birdseyes and the pusa jwala have it the mark, with jalapenos close behind......

So when i have eaten that lot, i should be quite skinny ... :lmao:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I discovered a couple of pepper trees on my land last time I was there, although I don't know what type. Rough looking, green, curly and about 6 inches long i guess. Trouble is they were all filled with tiny orange grubs!! The trees were about 5ft high I guess.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
We have grown a few crops over the years.

Best bit of advice I can give is to get the plants that Homebase sell, rather than ones from garden centres.

For a measly £1.99 we had enough from the plant from Homebase to eat off the plant, and to dry out and use for more than a year - and we do use a lot.

When we tried more expensive ones, the crop was ok, but nowhere near the quantity that we got off the cheaper plants.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
All grown from seed :) , 10 varieties in all, and about 4 from each variety.

And more than half of them have survived the process.

And i still have loads of seeds for next year !!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE