Hole in Camelbak Omega reservoir

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Does anyone know if I could repair a hole in my camelbak reservoir. I've only just discovered it. Is a patch possible or will that just end up leaking?

Really gutted, I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Just got it out of storage and there's a hole in it :( It's a tear of about 2cm, so not just a tiny pinprick

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've no experience with camelbak bladders nor do I know what they're made of but I would have thought that the transparent patches & special, "supple plastics "glue ( you can buy them together in packs) used to repair inflatable dingies & mattresses would work..

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've just repaired a platypus bladder with an old section of another bladder stuck over the gash. .

I stuck it down with clear CT1 construction sealant which is one of my favourite products at work as it sticks reasonably well to greasy plastics and is flexible. Silicon sealant should work, also Silnet from McNett. The above suggestion sounds good too, I have not used them though so can't be sure.

These type of plastics are very difficult to glue, so don't expect the repair to last long and keep a piece of duct tape stuck over the patch to stop the edges peeling.

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Hmm, the last thing I want is a soaking wet pack.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare reservoir to fit a 3 Litre Camelbak Thermobak? I may be able to swap something for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE