Hoggs Veltschoen boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Despite having enough boots to kit out half the members of this forum, I recently decided to do an experiment. I have bought a pair of traditional handmade leather boots from Hoggs and I am wearing them all the time. The quality is awsome and the only modern thing about them is the comando sole. They cost £160.00 at the CLA Gamefair. I am looking after them with Lundhags wax and brown boot polish. The only things that I am trying to be careful not to do is wear them in the game larder when using cleaning products and wear them in the sea on Coastguard shouts (If anyone from HMCG/MCA is reading...we always wear our issued boots...honestly). It is going to be interesting to see how they perform in the long term. They already feel like old friends and I am very happy so far. Glyn.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
So far I have not really had an opportunity to test the waterproofness other than stalking in long wet grass and a bit of splash back from a couple of hours pressure washing. I suspect that the long term water resistance will depend on how well I look after them, we all start out with good intentions! I still regularly wear the pair of handmade leather brogues that I bought with my first ever full weeks pay packet in 1988 so if these last as long as that I will be happy! Glyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE