Hilleberg Stalon GT 2 Person Tent red

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Hi all,

I want to sell my 1995 vintage Hilleberg Stalon GT 2 person tent, color red in mint condition.

I bought it back in 1995 and have used it for two round trips in Sweden, each for about 3 weeks duration, since then it was only used twice, due to some illness on my side and other tents to use.

You can read about this tent here: http://www.cycletourer.co.uk/cycletouring/stalongt.shtml

The specs are found here: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.culture.backpacking.backpackgeartest/40622

The long storage was not so good for the floor and as I wanted to use it again, I had replaced the old floor for a new one by Fliegfix (official Hilleberg repair service here in Austria) and also a special footprint for the whole tent made, which I will include for the price.

The tent is complete, with lines, repair piece for the poles and one pole segment as usual with Hilleberg tents. Could be that some stakes are bent, but this is something to live with.

I sealed the seams on the inside of the tent, using silicone, so there is no risk of leakage.

I would like to get € 330,- incl. shipping to the UK and Paypal fees.

I have no pics of the tent at the moment, but can make some!

Please contact me by PM if interested.

Thank you for looking

Heinz

I have also a Hilleberg Akto, also a bit vintage, without the vent over the zip, for € 180,-. Please Pm me if you are interested in this tent.

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Mick, I will take a look at the tent, the last time I used it, a few years ago, it was in perfect condition. Please note that the price stated with the Akto will include Paypal but unfortunately not shipping (about € 15,-), but I made a crude footprint for it from an tarp which I will also include...

Kind regards,
Heinz

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Mick, I just unpacked the Akto now. It is in first class condition, only one thing, the original pack sack for the stakes is AWOL and I have used an older one, I guess by Fjallraven, for this job. And this one is loosing the coating a bit due to age. And two of the Hilleberg V-stakes are missing, so I will add two larger ones by Fjallraven for the guide lines. Even the spare pole section and the repair tube are included.

A pity to see it go, but I will not use within reasonable time...

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
I am sorry but I have found some damaged spots on the floor of the Akto, where the PU coating is starting to become sticky, so I have to withdraw this tent from the ad.

The Stalon is still up. This is not your tent if you want to go stealth camping, but a great tent for one or two persons with lots of kit or for winter use. And the SAR-team will at least find your tent more easily...;)

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
A little bump, hope you guys noticed that the price for the Stalon GT is given in Euros, not Pounds and includes shipping to the UK and fees. Repairs and new footprint cost me over 200,- Euros, but I am open to reasonable offers...

The tent is now sold...

Thank you for looking
Heinz

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE