Hilleberg - MSR - Evernew - Optimus - Tibetan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
Hilleberg Tarp 10 UL. used this for one rainy night on a long distance hike, its a cracking bit of kit but too big for me really. Weight is approx 600g and the dimensions are 3m x 3.5m - it comes with attached hilleberg guys and the sewn in stuffsack so you don't lose it. Fantastic Hilleberg quality. .

Value at around £90

web.jpg

stove next - this time a optimus stella. This is a great stove, it uses the same burner head as the crux so it folds away to a very small package but with the benefit of fold out legs so it is WAY more stable than the crux. We used this everyday for about 6 weeks last summer and at one point it did need some field maintenance, the mesh head became blocked - i was able to fix it with a leatherman but it could do with a new mesh to be 100%. It now comes off in transit but not in use (it could almost certainly be straightened out without the need for a new part) (the piezo ignition does not work either).

Value at around £20

web.jpg

Next up - Evernew titanium nonstick frypan. Used once to cook steaks with a bushbuddy which blackened it and burnt the centre of the nonstick coating. Its nice and light, excellent quality and has fold away handles. Nice frying pan but no good with a woodburning stove. 18.5 diameter and 130g's. Worth noting that the coating is ceramic and NON TEFLON.

Value around £20

web.jpg

MSR Titan cookset - More titanium not being used so away it goes! Titan cookset in excellent condition includes 1 litre pot, 1.5 litre pot and well fitting lid that fits both pans. pot lifter not included. The set is very strong and very lightweight at 250 grams.

Vaule around £55

web.jpg

Tibetan titanium 1100 pot in great condition - 1.1litre capacity and 138 grams - bought at backpackinglight.co.uk for £40 earlier this year

Value around £25

web.jpg

Possible trades would be any fallkniven especially a TK4 - fixed blades and kydex sheaths and i'm always interested in lightweight camping gear

Feel free to PM me offers

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
to be honest both - but the items are up there for trade not sale. i have an identical sales thread on another forum which may be complicating things.

Cheers
Marco

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know that a mod is already dealing with this but i'm going to point out that this is a swap forum not a sales forum, you undermine the benefits of the supporting members by selling in the swap forum and you create a situation where we have to tighter control the swapping side of things because you've decided to bypass how things should be done.
We've allowed the approximate value to be stated on some thread because it's been deemed as helpful, it would seem though that they're being used as a price guide for purchase.
The identical thread on another forum hasn't complicated anything as i've not see that one, I just know what this one looks like and it looks like a sales thread.

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
Hi Tony

It seems completely reasonable to state values on a trade thread for the same reasons as its important on a sales thread. The thread was posted up to look for specific trades as stated on the bottom of the thread, I'v received quite a few different offers by PM, some i've refused and some i've accepted. My point about the identical thread being on another forum (british blades) is that there is a lot of cross over traffic. so things being sold are not necessarily being sold over here on BCUK.

It seems a little unfair to pull the thread in my opinion but its your house! and i'm just a guest. The thread was a genuine trade thread but you are correct in thinking that some items were sold via PM so in future where there is a blurry line i'll stick to the classifieds ads.

My bad

Marco.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yes it does seem reasonable and that's where the difficulty comes in and that's why we're having a conversation about this openly.

I do understand it's hard not to take cash but that's the trust thing with the swap forum, we trust people to not sell on it. What you've said at the end there is spot on, if there's a blurry line stick to the classifieds as they're for sales.

I'll not pull the thread as i want people to be able to trade and i appreciate your position in this, as i said (this is for everyone to take note of) it's a trust issue, if that trust is misplaced we'll change the rules and start to use our option to ban people, in the rules for the forum it says
Uti, non abuti - To use, not abuse

Last edited:

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
Thanks Tony, i'll get the subs paid and post another ad on the classifieds for the pure sales.

I would like to say that the swaps section is a great idea - it throws up interesting offers of trades that you would be unlikely to receive in a pure sales thread and in my opinion - guaged from the many offers of trade i've received - it works really well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE