Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
WITHDRAWN 2/11/2013

Hilleberg Akto tent (1p)

This classic needs no further comment, other than I bought this tent second hand in 2010 – and eventhough it has seen some use, it’s still in a very good condition. No repairs, etc. Selling as it doesn’t get much used, … and I’m saving up for a Scuba course.

Price: GBP @@@@@, posted and signed-for to your doorstep. Payment by PayPal only, fees are mine. Be advised I’m only able to send it out in the weekends.

Please post in this thread to secure and to keep it fair.

Pictures of the actual tent:
CIMG1030.jpg

CIMG1029.jpg

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
This is THE ultimate single hooped solo tent for all seasons. I would have bit your hand off if I hadn't splashed out too much lately. Got myself a Sil-Minipeak amongst others things and this would have completely replaced my Zephyros 1.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
IMO the best one man tent in the world......and a bargain price.....glws

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I believe they changed some materials, zip flaps, guy lines, runners and a few other things in 2006. I'm after a 2006 or later one... I know the earlier ones are still great tents but i'm allowed to want :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's not the newest model, they have an embroidered label rather than the little "leather" Hilleberg patch and it's not the early model as that didn't have the above door wired vent.

As mentioned though it's the ultimate solo (two if you're friendly) lightweight bomb-proof tent. You can sit up in it, has a vestibule you can cook in, takes a beating, great venting system (keep them open or you will suffer from condensation (because the fly is so waterproof)). Go's up in one piece in a couple of minutes, and four pegs will hold it in most conditions and rain doesn't fill the bathtub inner with the door open when it's raining unlike a Terra Nova and the likes.

Only thing that is a tiny niggle is that if the inner door is unzipped the full length the bathtub folds down on that side. Luckily the door hardly ever needs to be unzipped the full length.

On an aging front my Hilleberg Tarra (which has a slightly heavier fabric) is about 12/13 years old - is used a lot, and looks like new and the fly hasn't degraded in UV sunlight and still seems un-rippable.

Fantastic tents - I love them.

ATB,
GB.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
For what it's worth, this is post 2003 - that's when they added the little hood at the top of the zip.

It's also pre-whenever-they-changed-the-styling, to include the sewn-in logo on the black end-pieces. I don't know when that was.

Hilleberg make tents to last. Mine is of the same vintage as this one, has seen a LOT of use, and is still perfect. This should be a good buy for someone, there's MANY years left in these tents.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Arrrrgah! :eek:

That's exactly the tent I want and I've got almost exactly £ 255 comming in to one
of my accounts as a compensation from my crap ISP. :p

I'd much rather have your old tent with that nice leather lable, than a brand new one!

I've already bought metal replacement line holder thingys, lines and nice out door patches
to use on my comming Akto tent.

My IPS is just messing with me and should have paid up weeks ago...
I suspect the tent will be gone before I see my money.

:(

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
As mentioned above, this tent is post 2003: original buyer bought it in 2005.

Ivanhoe,
I'm in no hurry to sell it - and am more than willing to hold it for you. If so, let me know a date convenient for you to say 'Yae' or 'Nae'.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
My twopennorth - I've got one of these - had it for over 10 years and it is still going strong. Used in all weathers and in all seasons. Does what it says on the tin.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks for the information... Sorry for being a pain and asking annoying questions! It's a bargain for a great tent but I'm going to hold out for a later one though it will certainly cost me more.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Well, cash is supposed to show up any day and as soon as it does I will
buy it from you intantly! :)

But you know how these things work, I have to accept that someone else might
get it, as "cash is king".
tongue0020.gif
(Nowadays I'm a poor student...)

At least you won't have to advertice it in any other forums or market places.
I really do have cash thats supposed to turn up this week...
We'll see what happens.

:camping:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for the information... Sorry for being a pain and asking annoying questions! It's a bargain for a great tent but I'm going to hold out for a later one though it will certainly cost me more.

No worries, it made there was more information available so people can make a more judged decision like yourself.

Well, cash is supposed to show up any day and as soon as it does I will
buy it from you intantly! :)

But you know how these things work, I have to accept that someone else might
get it, as "cash is king".
tongue0020.gif
(Nowadays I'm a poor student...)

At least you won't have to advertice it in any other forums or market places.
I really do have cash thats supposed to turn up this week...
We'll see what happens.

:camping:

I was a poor student not so long ago, so I understand your situation :)

We'll see what happens.

Tent still for sale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE