Hiking in Romania

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
hi guys!

A few friends and I are off hiking in Romania in April for 10 days, we are heading for the Brazof/Bicaz areas. I was just wondering if anyone had been before and if anyone had any; advice, tips, anecdotes,recomendations or warnings

Ta very much!:D:D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Brazof/Bicaz areas..."

That will Braşov I'm guessing. :) Which is a good place to get out to the Fogaras mountains, fantastic scenery, good walking, really quite appalling amounts of litter around the various mountain huts and lodges. :(

Be aware that there are bears in the heavily forested lower slopes. Be prepared for all seasons in one day (just like Scotland). The people are for the most part friendly and helpful, outside the city few will speak English.

Braşov (also known as Brassó or Kronstadt) is a nice city, don't judge it by the area around the train station, if you are staying there try to get digs near or in the old city.

This chap, Andrei Buta, has written a 'visual guide' to the mountain paths, it would be worth grabbing a copy, he may also be able to provide contact details for mountain rescue, bus companies etc.

I have not been to the Bicaz Canyon but I'm told that it is very beautiful, have fun. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE