Highlander 3/4 season sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Just got the Highlander 3/4 season sleeping bag,it seemed a good price tad under £30.
Its camo in colour and synthetic materials as you may imagine even compressed being a 3/4 season its not that small.
I'll get more details and pictures later,it gets its first outing on Friday so i shall give an in depth review as i go.

Thanks

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Anchor Supplies by any chance? Went to have a look the other day and noticed they had some in. Was sorely tempted to replace my old maggot bag with one!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I know opinions vary about Highlander kit, but my experience of their rucksacs and kids sleeping bags has been very positive. The Forces range of rucksacks in particular are very robust and worth much more than the modest price tag.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
bushwacker bob It was from www.anchoresupplies.com as silverhill forge rightly says.

silverhill forge they had 1 3/4 season £30 ish,a few 2/3 £25ish and a few ultra compact 2 £20 ish very small indeed,hands on they seem very well made

Thanks Doc i hope they live upto the looks

Ill get some pics up Friday day then review it Saturday after a nights use,im on nights this week and struggling too sleep in the day ,so im worn out so cant be a4sed to sort it now.
I shall do some size shots with comparison against perhaps a pillow case as they are of a standard size ,weight and dimensions

If anyone wants me to pop in the store mention and looks what left i can assist

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Held off feeding back as i also just got the Highlander ultra light ,figured id wait till id used both and review them at the same time.
Pictures to follow( the Scout 350 Colour is Camouflage,while the Ultra lite is Olive.)

Scout 350
Material: Filling: 350gsm 3D hollowfibre, Inner: Soft polyester, Outer: Polyester
Size: 230 x 80 x 55cm
Weight: 1.7kg
3-4 Season,Comfort Range: 10°c to 0°c, Extreme Temp: -5°c

Includes stuff sack (40x23x23cm), it has a good size Foot box,This bag is small(ish) for a 3/4 season to some ive seen ,Ive now used it 2-3 times and its very warm indeed,never felt any cold spells during it use.
The zip works well and snags hardly ever,it compresses down very well maybe better that the given figures,the baffles work well and while being roomy allowing plenty of movement.

With each use is goes away easier and there is no big fight,overall for the money its a steal,the warmth for size ratio is great,i feel this will see you thru most UK weather.

Highlander Ranger Ultralite compact Its a 1-2 Season Mummy Sleeping Bag,I was blown away by how small this thing was when i spotted in the shop.

This 1-2 season bag is perfect for someone after a very small size when compressed,While keeping you comfortably Moderate conditions

Outer Shell
The outer shell is made from a wind repellent H6 hexagonal woven rip stop polyester. The unique H6 hexagon weave is an extremely light but highly durable material designed for sleeping bag construction.
Filling
The bag has a 100 gsm breathable super fine 7 hole siliconized hollow fibre this is a very effective filling . The hood and foot well have extra filling.

A full length quality double ended zip with a full draft excluding flap,Comes complete with stuff sack this has two drawstrings at the top that assist in really drawing in the bag ,after a few goes the bag goes down to a very small size,i reckon small than the given sizes

Ultra Lite
Material
Outer:The outer shell is made from a wind repellent H6 hexagonal woven rip stop polyester.
Inner: 100 gsm breathable super fine 7 hole siliconized hollow fibre ,The hood and foot well have extra filling, lined with a soft poly cotton liner.
Open Size: 225 x 70 x 30 cm
Packed Size: 25 x 13.5 x 13.5 cm
Weight 0.9 kg
Season-1/2,comfort range range 13°c to 5°c,Extreme temp:+5

Overall both bags do the job well,the wipe down easy compress with little fuss and keep you warm at night,id say maybe Highlander are conservative with their given temp ranges and size,i feel the bags will both fold down smaller and will still keep you comfortable below the given ranges.

You can pick then up from between £17-26 for the scout 350,3/4 season and £25-30 for the Ultra lite.
Im very happy indeed with both mine the only change id make is to have a central zip but thats down to preference.

I felt i had much more room in the 3/4 season bag but i really cant fault it at all,the 1/2 season is deffo a lot less protection but kept me warm enough while at times i was hot with the ultra there was times i felt the difference but thats balanced out with excellent size and portability.

Id deffo give either of these bags a go,for the price even if they dont fit your own needs,they will be a good back up bag or loan out bag for guests.

I'll report bag when things change be that damage to them or when i find the edge of the bag's temp range,ill keep using the 1/2 season as long as i can for the sake of size and switch to the 3/4 when i find the weathers dropped too much.

If there is anything ive missed just let me know,I'll take some pics Friday and get them up here.

Thanks
J

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
ive got this bag- used it a few times in march just after the snow, no bivvy bag or liner just a groundsheet and the bag I was tooooooastie :D it takes up a fair bit of room though.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
sl371869.jpg

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
I've got the Highlander Echo 350 - think that's the civvy equivalent of the Phantom range? I think they are great products for the price - not the smallest as noted, but very warm for the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE