HiGear / Coghlan's group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I contacted HiGear recently as they are the distributor for the SmarTube system in the UK.
The sales manager offered a group buy for the members of BCUK based on the Trade prices on 2 conditions:
The total value of the order needs to be a minimum of £250
We order in total cases/packs. However we can split these once I get them of course…

They’re also the distributor for the Coghlan’s entire range as well. So with Rik_UK’s agreement can can order the Squeeze tubes through Hi Gear instead of Rik’s mate in the US.

There are loads of products available – far too many to list here in full but they range from picnic/ full on camping kit like tables, chairs, rugs, cookers, gazebos, airbeds and also things like rucksacks, stopwatches, cookware, tents, sleeping bags etc.

To get an idea this website hi gear info.com is the trade website for Higear. http://www.higearinfo.com/hgmarkethome.asp?Market=outdoor They don’t publish prices on it though.

You can see the full range of Coghlan stuff here.http://www.coghlans.com/ This is the US website so it's possible that not all of the stuff travels well !!!

Please note ALL the prices quoted below are trade cost excluding:
VAT
Onward postage to you
Paypal fees

So you will need to add these on to get the total price to you.

I’m not after any money yet, I’m trying to find out if we can get to the £250 minimum needed to place an order.

If there’s anything you like the look of post a link and state the code in this thread and I’ll look up the price

Some examples of the prices available here are:

Tents – 2 ,3 or 4 man dome tents, £16.98, £25.50 or £32.36 respectively (sold in packs of 4) – my scout troop might be interested in these…
Head torches – various mdels and styles from £2.20 (‘super krypton headlamp’) to £12.50 (3 x LED and 1 x Luxon bulb version)
Mini LED keychain torch for £1.50 – I might order a dozen of these myself !!!

Mini nylon (string) hammock £3.82. Possible for kit storage? Come in a pack of 60 though.

Fishing shelter – again kit storage ??? Not sure if it has a door on it though £8.80 sold in a pack of 10

Hydration packs (not Camelback) and water bottles
The SmarTube system that is a tube from a bladder pack but with a screw cap that fits onto any water or coke etc. bottle so there’s no chance of being without a drink. If it breaks it’s easy to get a replacement anywhere in the world.

Coghlan products
Squeeze tubes £1.79 (pack of 12)
Contain all bottles £3.30 (pack of 12)
Zipper pulls £1.10 (pack of 12)

To name but 3!

Cheers

Mark

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Nice one Mark.

I'll have a nose through the links but I'll be looking at a minium of 4 Smartubes (for me and Robin for next year).

What do you want in the form of responses, wishlists?

Nice one

david

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
moduser said:
Nice one Mark.

I'll have a nose through the links but I'll be looking at a minium of 4 Smartubes (for me and Robin for next year).

What do you want in the form of responses, wishlists?

Nice one

david
Yeah, I'm after a few SmarTubes as well.

Wishlists would be good. Shame I can't sort out the price list to post on here but I don't think it will scan well :(

SB - I can't remember seeing one of those in the catalogue, I'll check again but that may be one of the things that doesn't make it to the UK...

HiGear do an ally windshield as well though

This is a great oppertunity to get some cheep kit guys :)

Mark

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Sorry mate only just seen this, I'm going to put the word out amongst the DoE down here and see what the response is so don't give up just yet, give me a couple of days to get some response back in.

Matt

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice work Mark :You_Rock_

One thing, you can get the keyring torches a LOT cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320052041676&fromMakeTrack=true

and if you shop around you can buy 48 for £20 delivered. I've had some this year, they are blindingly bright, ideal to attatch to all sorts of kit. If anybody want to split a pack with me, let me know and I'll order them.

Say, 12 for £6 to including UK post and packing on to you from me?

Mark, there are a couple of things I fancy and I'll be in touch with you direct

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Silverback said:
I am thinking that one of these could be used with the DIY cardboard and wax stove in a tin :)

The folding stove is about 6.75" by 3.75" tall, its made of steel, not heavy, and if you removed the back plate (easy done, no rivets on the stove) it could make a nice twig burner for a pan bigger than used on a Kelly kettle.

I tried one out using a home made alcohol burner, works OK, but I don't like pepsi can stoves much, don't hold enough fuel etc, I'd rather use a pucker Trangia burner with seal able lid and simmer ring, but that's just me ;)

DSCF1737Small.jpg

DSCF1738Small.jpg

DSCF1739Small.jpg

They take up no room and could also make a good windshield for a gas stove conversion perhaps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE