Hi from Wolfpup in Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolfpup

May 10, 2012
Lancashire
Hi all,

Well remember you asked for it!

I am a retired female lecturer and have been prepping seriously for approximately a year and belong to a prepping forum - where I got the link to this site. Lately I have been getting more and more interested in wild food and natural medicine and am here to learn as much as I can from you knowledgeable folk.

I have just purchased my first tent and am off to the Bushcraft show in Derby at the beginning of June for the whole weekend meeting up with a few like minded folk from all over the country - some are into bushcraft and are no doubt members here already, some are into survivalist things, and some, like me, are more into plants and animals (am a veggie by the way).

I have purchased lots of books on wild food - but nothing beats hands on experience with someone who has been there, done it and bought the Tshirt etc - this is why I am going to the show - to attend all the walks and learn as much as I can, its also why I have found my way here.

The limit of my experience so far with bushcraft is being able to light a fire 4 different ways, I always carry shelter with me as part of my EDC, albeit not very sturdy - but it will keep me dry and warm overnight, and the facility to be able to drink from any water source safely.

Hope this is enough of an intro and you will welcome an elderly wolfpup into your fold.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
Prepping is good - and I find Bushcraft skills useful for prepping/everyday life as well as being a great destresser!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm from perhaps a different direction to arrive here at BCUK so forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is prepping?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
what exactly is prepping?

"Preparing for an uncertain future"

Acknowledging societal change is inevitable for a variety of possible reasons - exhaustion of fossil fuels, population growth, economic crisis and preparing as an individual or group to live a more self reliant life.

wolfpup

May 10, 2012
Lancashire
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome

Let's try and answer your questions etc:

Udamiano thanks for the link - will get to that in a bit once I've made a brew.

PaulB - the proper definition is as British Red said. For me it is food storage, growing as much as I can in my small garden, dehydrating any surplus for use later, mylaring perishable foodstuffs for long term storage. I buy when food is on offer (BOGOF etc) use the one I buy and store the 'free' one. That way when times are hard (and have been once or twice) at least we can eat for a few months and don't have the additional worry of going hungry on top of everything else. You may not have understood the word - but as a bushcrafter you are certainly a prepper in your own way by being able to find and prepare food not got from a supermarket. This is one of the things I hope to learn.

Native Nathan - IT - mainly Microsoft from L1 to L3 - adults not kids.

British Red - thought I would find you here - would really like to pick your brains on so many things :D

Mentalnurse - I live just north of Blackpool - not too many areas for foraging around here unless you count the Wyre estuary I suppose. Where are your meets? If your avatar name suggests your occupation - we might have a few things in common. I would certainly be up for anything to expand my non-existent knowledge.

Thanks again for the welcome guys - hope to be around for a very long time.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya wolf pup

now welcome to the cool table at the mental institution and enjoy

now the meets that mental nurse or carl is talking about are meets i organise and are usually at middlewood scout camp in manchester and there is usually three a year and if you look i the meet up social chatter you will see them especially if you look in north england.
the next one i am organising is in october and keep an eye out for it now also there is a lad on here called dave bromley and he organises one at great seat and its also in the england north section so do have a look

anyways enjoy bcuk

drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE