Hi from the wilds of Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 7, 2013
Rossendale
Hi there.
New to the forum and keenly interested in making all my own gear. Woodwork, leatherwork, metalwork - whatever.
I'm a keen field archer competing under the NFAS. I make and use all my own kit incl bows, arrows, quivers etc.
Now looking to start making my own knives and axes.
Would like to start tanning hides to go with the leatherwork sometime.
I'm very practical and love to know how to do things.

danny358

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2011
bolton
hello and welcome. im from bolton. you got any pics of the bows you make, would be good to see them.i also like making my own bows

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Hi.You are going to spend the first couple of years just going through the old threads and blown away by the skills of many of the members here.
Anything you want to learn you will find advice here, and lots of help and good cheer.
It's a grand place.Enjoy!!
Simon

Nov 7, 2013
Rossendale
Hi there,

Coincidence you are from Bolton, I'm at Uni there.
(My form of rehab after severe head injuries)

Sorry but I haven't subscribed yet to enable the uploading of pics.

I've one successful bow so far. An ash Primative self bow. It's 72" long, 40lb @ 26". I've shot it in 5 comps so far and collected 4 medals so its not too bad haha. Very underpowered compared to my 65lb recurve but there's always another one!

I've two pieces of local Yew seasoning, enough for another Primative now and a longbow. Now I need to make a few more so I don't waste the valuable staves when I come to use them!
I've just this week bought an antique drawknife to make the task easier. :)

Think it's going to be very addictive haha

Norm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE