Hi from s1lver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

S1lver

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2013
Windsor
Hi all

Just registered on the forum after lurking for a while.

After time in my youth spending lots of time in the outdoors family life and career took over for nearly thirty years.
However a fiftieth birthday year has re ignited my interest in the outdoors and bushcrafty type stuff in particular. This was helped by a taster one day course up in the lakes in Feb where I re learnt a few basics and realised how much new stuff there was to explore.

Another long weekend in October with some hill walking and I was hooked.

So, i've dug out some old kit, been lucky at Christmas and now looking to get out at least once a month, practice some skills, learn and enjoy the woods.

Above all I'm keen to be brave enough to share some if what I do and enjoy the wealth of other peoples experiences on this site.

Hopefully speak soon

Cheers

Steve

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi and Welcome, I would suggest that in order to get to know one or two members or like minded folk, that you put
up a post on here suggesting that someone may like to meet up with you, once the better weather comes in, at a
mutually agreed site, or even a cafe , for a chat, and you will quickly learn a lot. If you have previous camping or hammocking experience, you may even get a response to a suggestion of an overnighter, and then you will really get
a chance to pick up a few tips. My first meet was like a weeks camping and I was really hooked, and yet I had camped
most of my life, prior to this. So far. I have found bushcrafters a great friendly bunch, who are keen to share their knowledge and skills, and offer to help newcomers as much as they can. I hope that you are as lucky.
Have a look at the Meets section for your area near the bottom of the page , and if there is something on near you
just turn up and introduce your self, I am sure that you will be made most welcome. Wishing you a happy time with
BCUK, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. From North of the Border. Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE