Hi from Norfolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wibble

Feb 6, 2008
Norfolk
I've been a silent reader here for a while. Figured it was about time i jumped in properly.

Always been and 'outdoorsy' one, as my folks would say. Nothing better than getting away from it all on a nice trail somewhere away from the masses.

Unfortunately, just over a year ago a virus killed off my kidneys and curtailed my trailing days. 8 liters of dialysis fluid a day kinda ties you down. Still like to get out and rough it as much as possible, though pretty site bound now and have become a tipi dweller as opposed to living out of a backpack.

Anyway, I'm up in North Norfolk now waiting for some unlucky bugger to bow out and let me have their kidney.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi Wibble

I am in Norwich and it's good to hear a local member. Hope you soon get better, I have a illness which restricts me a little, but I keep on doing a little even if its just a good days exercise and learning.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Welcome to the forum..
:)
I'm a semi-frequent visitor to Norwich on business, and went to uni at UEA, so I'm familiar with how nice Norfolk can be.. Some lovely areas on the broads etc, plus it sounds like you're not too far from the beaches to the North.. Holcolmb or something like that rings a bell?

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
HI Wibble
welcome to bcuk i have just got a tipi myself i havent tried it out yet still having to much fun building my own shelters

wibble

Feb 6, 2008
Norfolk
Hi Wibble

I am in Norwich and it's good to hear a local member. Hope you soon get better, I have a illness which restricts me a little, but I keep on doing a little even if its just a good days exercise and learning.

Thanks, thats pretty much the way i look at it now. I have a few years to do some advanced prep work. Get in some good courses and do some learning.

I still get out as much as possible but can only manage day treks now, and even then have to carry 2 litres of dialysis fluid for a mid day fix me up. Still, could be worse. And up here theres plenty of places to head off for the day. And pretty quiet and people free out of season.

wibble

Feb 6, 2008
Norfolk
HI Wibble
welcome to bcuk i have just got a tipi myself i havent tried it out yet still having to much fun building my own shelters

I love my tipi. :D Especially at this time of year with a good fire going inside. The 17 poles that go with it are a pain in the a$%$ though. I only used it once before i flogged off the poles on ebay and ordered a replacement set of bamboo. Still big and bulky but they are light enough that i can carry the whole lot bundled together (just). Plus it doesn't feel like its gonna pull the car over each time you go round a bend.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi wibble,
I've not been up to much recently but i am supposed to be incharge of the Norfolk and norwich group, you are very welcome to the group, the group is all over the place one guy lives in north walsham a couple near lowerstoft and others around norwich and as far south as suffolk.

we would love to meet up some time even if it's round yours for a cup of tea, or to your local woods, we can always do a "show and tell" with bowdrills edible stuff kit etc.

mate, do not feel you are alone,
lets get together!

Rich

wibble cool name!
("wibble" isn't that the phrase that get's you out of WW1, plus pants on head and pencils in the nose?:lmao: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE