hi from livingston scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

phil1981

Oct 27, 2012
Livingston
hi all am phil and am 30 years young.
been intrested in bushcraft for some time now and would like to get into it a lot more. would like to go out with a few ppl that know what they are doing. i don't have much stuff yet as i don't really know what i need. got a knife an axe that needs to be fix as it is held on by a bent over nail. and a few other bits and bobs.

if you fancy a day trip out and help me out it would be much appreciated.

thanx phil ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Phil :) and welcome to the forum.

There's a few folks around your neck of the woods, but keep an eye on the Scottish Meet up threads too.
I'd say don't get swamped with the need to buy kit; enough to get by is a good way to start and it lets you choose the bits that really suit you and what you like to do.

cheers,
Toddy

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome aboard Phil, you don't need much stuff buddy as Mary says but hey we all go through the 'i really need that bit of kit', only to sell it on later.
Tom

btw, we've a wee meet down at Glentrool D&G next weekend.

Last edited:

phil1981

Oct 27, 2012
Livingston
Hi Tom
would love to go but its my birthday next weekend and the wife is wanting to take me out. i did ask and the look i got from her was like do you want to keep your man parts lol. i may take a wee trip down just for the day though as i cant really do any over nighters atm as she is due are 4th baby on the 1st of dec.
hope you have a good weekend m8.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi Tom
would love to go but its my birthday next weekend and the wife is wanting to take me out. i did ask and the look i got from her was like do you want to keep your man parts lol. i may take a wee trip down just for the day though as i cant really do any over nighters atm as she is due are 4th baby on the 1st of dec.
hope you have a good weekend m8.

Oh, I know that look well, lol.
Congrats on the upcoming addition, i'm onto the grandchildren time, although you wouldn't think it to look at me....:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE