Hi from Kent coast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JedKent

May 19, 2013
Whitstable
Hey I'm a new member licing in whitstable in kent. Would like to find some meets if there are any in my neck of the woods or reasonable drive. Between work & kids definitely in for 2 nighters/ w-wnd and potentially longer if I can work out a trade with SWMBO.

Funnily enough I'm ok with fire as there was a treebelt out the back of where I grew up so as a kid we used firebows and flints due to not being allowed matches :) and made loads of shelters with varied success but;

Have never hung in a tree beyond the back garden and bar figure of eights from my youthful climbing don't have a lot of knots to hand, have used an axe in the most simple way, again splitting wood as child labour for my mates dad, obviously I've used a knife but more in the bread buttering capacity than anything crafty.

Am really enjoying a good read on the forums and you look like you have a lot of fun & a lot of experience and some major talent so looking forward to meeting some of you round the fire.

Cheers,

Jed

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Welcome Jed, I lived in Whitstable for 10 years before moving out here (Canterbury Road opposite Alldays).

Welcome to BCUK! Even with or without your lice, we're a pretty tolerating bunch. :lmao:

That really made me chuckle, what an intro! :rofl: Sorry mate, laughing WITH you not at you.

JedKent

May 19, 2013
Whitstable
Yeah me also & tbh the kids are on a 'nitwatch' from nursery so who knows really,

so Biker that's cool to see an active member so close, gimme a few ideas on nearest meets when you get a mo. I would guess inside 3hrs drive or so, of the open BCUK type where reasonable for a newby to come and have a look.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeah me also & tbh the kids are on a 'nitwatch' from nursery so who knows really,

so Biker that's cool to see an active member so close, gimme a few ideas on nearest meets when you get a mo. I would guess inside 3hrs drive or so, of the open BCUK type where reasonable for a newby to come and have a look.

Hey Jed. I used to be close. Now I'm in Normandy France, have been for the past 8½ years, so it's a bit of a hike to the UK from here. I found BCUK after arriving here so I can't offer any advice for local meet ups, but there are a lot going on around the Ashford area I think. Even North West of London. So ask around here and get acquainted with the members and see if you can join in. There's always something going on. I know there are members from Margate, Folkestone and Ashford here as well as Gillingham and Sittingbourne, so you're certainly not alone.

All the best mate. (Keep using the pediculicide :lmao:)

Me

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
Hi Jed, welcome, im down the road from you in Broadstairs, im also a new member joined only a few months ago and have been in contact with some members on here who are local in Ashford way, havent managed to get out with them yet as have been getting my kit sorted and life generally has been getting in the way of things as usual! im looking to get out down the woods soon though and maybe meet a few local members. Id be interested in coming along to any open Kent BC meets too if you manage to find out any that are going on. :cool:

JedKent

May 19, 2013
Whitstable
Grand, will keep an eye out. From a scan on posts looks like sussex & suffolk have regular meets which are inside 2/3hrs so just about doable. Drop me a lime if you see anything in kent & I'll do likewise.

I am scrabbling basic kit together but might go to bushmoot for a look as we are camping in wales then anyway,

Cheers,

Jed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE