hi from hackney

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
A big hello from hackney. I went on my first bushcraft weekend in braziers park last month and was truly inspired by this very organic event! !'m a yorkshire lass or "dee daa" as we're affectionately known (My dad's generation uses "thee" and "thaa"). My knowledge of country ways is minimal as i was born and bred in steel city, sheffield..though as an ex-climber i got a feel for being outdoors. I also used to be a hunt-sab, i understand this may make me a bit unpopular in some circles...i gave it up along time ago, but i did learn some basic tracking skills through all the mayhem. So in fact i'm a bushcraft novice, eager to learn and rewild if you like and looking forward to getting to know people.
Take care

ps. apologies to the original pignut member, sorry didn't realise!

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi Pignuts and welcome. I'm a novice too, but they're a real friendly bunch here so pull up a log n join in.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Welcome, I'm another Yorkshire person who has moved south of the border.

I lived in Hackney too for a few months (I'm presuming that's London unless there's another Hackney). Not too many local bushcrafting areas though :p .

Hope you enjoy the discussions here with all these friendly and helpful folk.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Bit of a difference between Yorkshire and Hackney but as a southerner born and bred I bide thee welcome!

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
pignuts said:
I also used to be a hunt-sab, i understand this may make me a bit unpopular in some circles...i gave it up along time ago, but i did learn some basic tracking skills through all the mayhem.
Welcome pignuts, I used to be a member of the HSA as well. A good as place as any to learn country ways!!! ;)

This is a broad church and no-one has the right to say if you're right or you're wrong. You have as much right to have an input as anyone else.

Cheers,
Martin

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Welcome Pignuts, k thats going to get confusing, I've already wished Toddy a happy birthday this week and it was Stoddy...

Hope you enjoy the forum.

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
Hey there,
hope u enjoyed the beer!..it is us...it was good to meet other novices, we did finally managed to get that fire going! but much better to share it with u guys.....are u guys still going to the wales meet...be good to catch up there.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hey Pignuts! I used to live in Hackney - Steven's avenue - it's a little street off Morning lane. I've been in Coventry a couple of years now though.
You discovered the Walthamstow marshes yet? They're actually a bit of an oasis in the East end.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE