Hi from Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stone

Tenderfoot
Hi all,
My name's Mike, and I live in Calgary, AB. I had been motorcycle camping for many years, but hadn't actually gone on many decent hikes/campouts for a long time. I was recently re-introduced to the great outdoors again through a volunteer position with the local Search and Rescue group, and have loved every minute if it. I have since been on quite a few hikes with my wife, and with the other volunteers. I didn't realized how much I missed it until after starting up again, and now I'm totally hooked.. :lol:

I do want to incorporate more bushcraft skills in my personal pursuits, and through lurking on BCUK, I'm finding i'm learning a lot of basics skills I can put to good use for Search and Rescue. We were in a position a while back, where we were airlifted into the back country and there was a good chance the weather would close in before we were able to be flown out again, and would have necessitated an overnighter out in the fairly deep snow and cold. I've had some good training with mostly modern techniques, but I still like the "bushcraft" type skills as you all do! It made me realize how important these skills were.

Anyways, looking forward to 2006 with BCUK :You_Rock_

Cheers
~mike

stone

Tenderfoot
tomtom said:
welcome aboard, like your avatar! :)
I've always liked Inukshuks, they're fun to build and fun to find on the trails...

I noticed in your location my favourite Welsh Town, Aber is listed. I got to kick the bar with my wife in 2000 :) I have family in nearby Bow Street and miss them like mad!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE