Hi from a lurker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoteng

Mar 19, 2014
Central Scotland
Hi folk,

I have been lurking on the forums for a while now. Decided to sign up when I saw the DD group buy. Didn't notice the 10 posting rule at the time! I suppose I had better start becoming an active member then.

Bit of background:
I did enjoy the bushcraft parts of scouting when I was a member, I now realise that a lot of what I picked up at scouts was either not the best practice and in some cases, completely wrong!
This combined with not taking part in any similar activities for over a decade have left what little skills I had very rusty.

As such I am looking forward to getting out and about trying to improve my bushcraft knowledge and skills (it is not as much fun when you are not good at it!

All the best.

Last edited:

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of helpful members on here and to be honest, making mistakes is all part of the learning curve.

scoteng

Mar 19, 2014
Central Scotland
Thanks folk.
As mentioned, I have been lurking on the forum a while. Already gained a lot of usefull information from the forum.

The site is a really useful resource and I really apreciate the reviews and tutorials.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE