hi everybody

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 18, 2006
northern ireland
hi my names dave and im from northern ireland

ive just registered and been having a read through the forum, so this will be my first post hear. ive always been an outdoors person but have recently had an urge to increase my bushcarft skills (maybe has something to do with the ray mears repeats that i seem to keep seeing). i am also a very keen airsofter and a bit of a geardo (not sure if term really counts for bushcraft)

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
dave law said:
hi my names dave and im from northern ireland

ive just registered and been having a read through the forum, so this will be my first post hear. ive always been an outdoors person but have recently had an urge to increase my bushcarft skills (maybe has something to do with the ray mears repeats that i seem to keep seeing). i am also a very keen airsofter and a bit of a geardo (not sure if term really counts for bushcraft)
Hi Dave and a warm welcome,

what is an airsofter or geardo?

Jan 18, 2006
northern ireland
hi all

rich59 said:
Hi Dave and a warm welcome,

what is an airsofter or geardo?

an airsofter is someone who plays airsoft :p
airsoft at its simplest a sport similar in nature to paintball, but airsoft is played (mostly) with full automatic markers which fire (bridgeable)plastic 6mm bbs (at approx 1j), these are non making so unlike paintball it works on an honour system. It would also be a bit more tactical than the average paintball game

if anyone’s interested in giving airsoft a go I can point you in the right direction

a geardo is... ah.... er...... well thats kind of hard to discribe,
think of the "i don't know what it is, i don't know what it does, but it's shiny and i want it" squadieism

does that make any sense

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
dave law said:
a geardo is... ah.... er...... well thats kind of hard to discribe,
think of the "i don't know what it is, i don't know what it does, but it's shiny and i want it" squadieism

does that make any sense

Hmmmmm, Shiney things.........

Welcome Dave.

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE