Hi All

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolvessong

May 21, 2021
Manchester UK
Just a quick Hello, I'm Graham, I live in Manchester. I was a Scout leader for 32 years until Xmas this year.
I've always taught what I consider to be traditional scouting skills, such as fire lighting, shelter building, basic survival, so what might be called Bushcraft. I've camped for years with the scouts and with my family. In November last year I got covid, spending 9 weeks in ICU and eventually coming home 2nd week of Jan. Partly for this reason I decided to quit scouts and concentrate on doing stuff for me and the family. I'm slowly recovering and have watched a lot of videos largely on camping and bushcraft in recent months and I'm keen to get back out into nature asap. Even thinking of buying some woodland to use for camping and bushcraft etc.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Welcome to the forum!

I think it's a good decision to let the next generation lead such a group. One always can stay in the background and be there if someone asks a question.

To own a wild camping ground that's open to scout groups is a great option to stay in contact without doing all the work of the usual daily business.

If affordable the best is if there is a little cottage on the ground, for yourself but also for groups in the colder month, for example with sleeping space for a group in the attic.

One can put there a small well selected library and other things that influence young people into the right direction.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE