Hexi stove

C

craigphd

I often use a hexi stove when I am out shooting or on a walk for a nice cupa. The problem is that hexi is quite deer and far and few between shops have it in Peterhead, Can any one give me a decent web page where to buy it in bulk and cheaply. Please and Thank you

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Try Surplus and adventure they do all kinds, you can also use the gel stuff with the hexi.
Never thought of a hobo stove, easily made from a paint tin, and no shortage of wood lying about I would reckon?

C

craigphd

cheers mate. I am going out for a campsite maintanace day with Lodian tomorow and I will try a hobbo stove. There is alot of dead standing trees out there ranging from Oak to Scots Pine and I will try a variaty of different kinds to see what is the best for me.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
think you can make something akin to hexamine out of alcohol, sodium hydroxide and i think its stearin or starin (something to do with candle making) but i dont know the exact recipe or method

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
how much are you paying for it, for a standard army issue pack i pay £1.50 at one army surplus shop but lots of other places sell it for about £2.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
i got a hexi stove and after using the US trixi rubbed my eye with my finger, bejeasus did i know about pain. Note to self, wash hands after lighting blocks. Doh !!!!!:slap:

good idea about the firelighters though.:D

G

Gripper

I'm in OZ but we only pay about $2.50 here for a pack and sometimes get it for $2.00. I love the convenience of the hexi. I use it with my US canteen cup and hexi burner, it boild the water in about 13 minutes which is OK for me. I have a Jetboil also but carrying wise I prefer the hexi and I'm never in that much of a hurry to get my water boiled... Unfortunatly we can't light wood fires here for most of the year because of the bushfire bans!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE