Hexamine and cookers.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have lots of British army issue Hexamine and stoves but the other day came across Esbit Hexamine and their stoves on the internet.

Is the german Hexamine the same as british hexamine?

On the website I found it said the german stuff burns cleaner and doesn't leave black crud on your pots.
But surley hexamine is hexamine no matter where it comes from so surley should be the same?

What is the advantage of the esbit over the british army one? To me they look pretty much the same!

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Esbit burning tablets Do leave some smutt on pots etc,but maybe bit less than those that come from UK.Esbit is also smaller,especially in height than british ones.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
hiya, you can get esbit stoves in 2 different sizes, one is the same size roughly as the british one, and the other is about 40% smaller, and is almost, but not quite half the size.
i have 2 of the smaller ones, they still take a metal bug just but you have to position it well, obviously they take a mess tin. you can also get the fuel in 2 different sizes, to fit both stoves.
i personally think the fuel is better quality, quicker and slightly cleaner.

they are better made than the british ones and less wobbly. but i don't think you can get the mug shaped support like current brit issue. whenever i see esbit fuel at military shows going cheap i buy it. but...do you need the better quality if brit ones are so cheap that they can be binned when the break?

i like mine anyway! lol

random info but i think the smaller pills are used by railway models to make steam in the little boilers! and the stoves are copies of the german army stoves from ww2 i think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE