Heron take off

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A strange picture - not sure if I like it or not.....

1109714102_af68e6ce00.jpg

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Brave birds though - there were 20 Red kites in that tree! I do hate it when they eat the baby moorhens from our pond but then again they had 17 two years back in four clutches so if nothing was eating them I guess I would be knee deep in moorhens by now!

Red

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
Hi Red

some amazing pictures that you've taken.
Can i ask what your camera and lens set up is? I'd love to give it a go, but can't seem to decide on which digital camera to go for.

Keep up the inspirational work

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wolf man,

I use a variety. Most often when out and about I use a small Kodak digital (Z740) - I like a long lens for wildlife and that has a 10x optical zoom. Its a great little camera and slips into a jacket pocket very easily. When I need fast focus, multiple exposures and manual focus capability I use a Canon Eos DSLR with a variety of lenses froman 18mm up to 400mm in a series of zoom formats. For most walking and Bushcrafting though the SLR is far too bulky

Red

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
thanks Red, usefull info. What EOS are you using? I would dearly love to buy the 5d, but the cost is almost out of this world!!! :tapedshut

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
wm, I couldn't afford it either - I use the plain old 400D. I already had some lenses from my 35mm days so it had to be Canon really. I did plump on a Sigma 135-400mm new one whilst buying though. Its a big bit of kit but great for longer shots in brighter sun. I figure put the money in the lenses and get a good body but not top of the range. The DSLRs still change quickly and tbh, the 400D does everything I want it to. However in two years I'll probably buy a top of the current range when they are selling them off cheap because they have changed again!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE