Hennessy net repair/replacement?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I have been searching the site for advice on any tips to replace the mossie netting on my Hennessy to no avail.

Over the years individual threads have come out and now a large hole has appeared. It is still usable but not very mossie proof.

Firstly, does anyone know of a good supplier of mossie net material so I can cut it to shape?

My wife is a dab hand with the old sewing machine but I suppose mossie netting will be quite difficult to work with due to its fine nature.

So secondly, does anyone have any tips for sewing mossie net material onto a Hennessy hammock?

Any advice/suggestions would be very welcome.

I am sure there must be some other folk out there who may be thinking about this or have already done this type of repair.

Cheers

George

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi,

I fell through my mozzie net!! I keep telling people it was a strong wind and the tarp pushed me over while I was getting in the hammock!!.....

Anyhow hum...

The best bet is to take off a long edge and a top short edge make the sewing repair to the net or get no see'um net from point north.. Then sew a zip in the long edge and one in the short edge works a treat and allows you to get in from the top as well!!

I can provide photos of mine if you wish..

Simon

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Cheers guys. Got details from the hammock form about doing this.

Also have some long zips (used on large cushions etc) on order and a load of mesh netting from Point North.

Loads of other tips so the Hennessy hopefully will be getting a full makeover.

Plan is to make the mesh open up on 3 sides with zips. Add a storage sack to the inside at one end and make a larger storage area to hang of the ridge line. Possibly even some end covers for the hammock to stop rain seeping in there.

Cheers

George

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
George,

I would do two sides ;)

One long side all the way down one short half way this enables you to roll up the netting and stick it under you sleeping bag or under the underblanket..

Did you still want the photos ?

Simon

Cheers guys. Got details from the hammock form about doing this.

Also have some long zips (used on large cushions etc) on order and a load of mesh netting from Point North.

Loads of other tips so the Hennessy hopefully will be getting a full makeover.

Plan is to make the mesh open up on 3 sides with zips. Add a storage sack to the inside at one end and make a larger storage area to hang of the ridge line. Possibly even some end covers for the hammock to stop rain seeping in there.

Cheers

George

Glad you got the info you needed. I'd be interested to see pics of the mods you do, as I haven't done anything to mine yet.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Got the Mozzie net attached (well my wife Alison has) with the zip around 3 sides of the hammock.

All seems well so far. I will test it out this weekend and maybe post some piccies next week.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE