Hennessy Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PaulW

Sep 19, 2004
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I am toying with the idea of getting a Hennessy hammock.
The info says the Expedition Asym says up to 6' tall, being 6'3" and 14 stone is this going to be an issue ? or should I try and find an Explore Deluxe Asym ??
Your thoughts appreciated.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I'm 6' and the expedition is about the right size for me (with room to spare for bits and bobs). If I was taller though, I'd almost certainly go for the larger hammock if I was going to be spending a lot of time in it. If it was just an occasional thing, then the expedition would be fine.

PaulW

Sep 19, 2004
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Thanks for the advice guys :biggthump
Anyone know where I can get the Explorer Deluxe Asym from ?
Woodland Organics only do the Expedition Asym according to the website.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
PaulW said:
Thanks for the advice guys :biggthump
Anyone know where I can get the Explorer Deluxe Asym from ?
Woodland Organics only do the Expedition Asym according to the website.

Paul, email Woodland Organics with details of what you want. They can supply more than is shown on their web site. They also supply the larger Hex flys that everyone rates highly.

Alternatively you can order them direct from Hennessy Hammocks.

They add a set $30 to the price shown to cover shipping, tax and duty. Check this page for European Order Info:

EU Order Information

The price works out about the same as from WO. Delivery was around 4-5 days. The web site says that they hold stock in London and ship from there. If you want the Explorer Deluxe as I did (for similar reasons ;-) ) then you can swap out the standard silnylon fly cover for a larger 'hex' fly (it is 144' x 120" (hexagonal shape)). If you go for the:

70D "HEX"-SHAPED PU-COATED POLYESTER RIPSTOP RAIN FLY

You pay nothing extra just tell them when you order. If you want the slightly larger silnylon version it is an extra $70. Details on the HH site here (scroll down page):

Hennessy Hammock - Catalogue - REPLACEMENT RAIN FLYS

I am not sure if this is possible at Woodland Organics?

Check out other threads on HH as a lot of people recommend going for the larger hex fly as it gives better weather protection and plenty of room underneath for cooking storage etc.

Hope this helps.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE