Hennessy Hammocks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi Everyone I hope you are all having a great day!
I was wondering if any of you have tried or own one of these Hennessy Hammocks and if so what are they like :rolleyes:
I have always done my camping and Bushcraft under a light weight tent , but as i recieved my Bushcraft mag today and was looking through it and seeing these Hammocks got me thinking ;)
Are they any good for this country? :confused:
If anyone could let me know that would be great :You_Rock_

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Yes, I've got one, and they're good to use. You'll get a good idea of what people think if you do a quick forum search. There have been many threads about hammocks in general (quite a few very recently), and Hennessey's in particular. One thing to note if you didn't already know, is that the Hennessey's contrast with other hammocks in that you get in through the bottom, rather than over the side.

trauma

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Midlands, UK
www.razortooth.co.uk
i have one and it's fantastic, although as mentioned, once you get used to being a tree dweller it sometimes spoils you when you have to sleep on the ground (/me thinks of Dartmoor this February .... brrrrr)

J

Jamie

xairbourne said:
Best bit of kit i ever bought but your stuck without 2 trees

As with any hammock, so long as you have got 2 fixed points (whether it be trees, vehicles etc.) that arent going to move when you hop in the hammock you are fine.
:D

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
you can also do a sort of hybrid where you sling the hammock between two ski or walking poles [suitabley gyed] and then stick a thermarest under it. your weight will bring your bum down onto the theremarest but a lot of you will still be supported in the hammock. Takes a bit of fine tuning but it does work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE