Hennessy Hammock Super Shelter (To keep warm)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I own a HH Expedition Asymetric and need to increase the seasonality I can use it. I have seen the DD underblanket which will help, but I would be much happier upgrading my superb hammock with HH products. My 3/4 sleeping mat doesn't help me keep warm enough in the UK winter. (That's what you get for growing up in Africa!)

I have seen the “Super Shelter” system they sell in the USA and Canada. Can anyone in the UK supply it? If so could you help with websites/prices? I find my hammock too cold for this time of year, particularly from underneath so the undercover is most important.

Surely someone has the selling rights for these HH extras to us weak, pathetic, hot blooded Africans!

Many thanks and regards,

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a look on www.hammockforums.net for some more ideas if you haven't already.

There's quite a few resellers of Hennessy gear over here so I would have thought they'd get you what you want with their next order.
I've had good service from RVops before, might be worth giving them a shout.

you can order from HH direct they have a london based warehouse teh ycharge an extra 30 $£ cant rmemebr to cover import and delivery etc

i have one and its not a sudden wonder cure it does need a bit of playing with nad a lot more insulation than teh mat supplyed ;)

ATB

Duncan

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I have a Hennessy also the snugpak underblanket fits perfect why pay for all that shipping!! when you can get something good local ?

I have just completed a self made beak hopefully test it out next weekend to stop the wind cutting through.

Snugpak underblanket sleeping bag warm blanket balaclava and im good to go for -10C

Simon

I have a Hennessy also the snugpak underblanket fits perfect why pay for all that shipping!! when you can get something good local ?

I have just completed a self made beak hopefully test it out next weekend to stop the wind cutting through.

Snugpak underblanket sleeping bag warm blanket balaclava and im good to go for -10C

Simon

So I have an Hennessy, and I'm not that familiar with the design of the Snugpack. Leaves me wondering how you get up into the hammock, or have you done a mod?

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
I've got an HH too. Not wanting to pay daft money to double the size and weight (and cost!) of my setup I've got two pieces of Evazote on order. This is the stuff that Gossamer Gear use to make their hammock-specific sleep pads, and I've read great things about this stuff.

It's cheap as chips and I already know that my Thermarest + 4 season sleeping bag are toasty at 0 degrees, so my hopes are high. I anticipate that the size of the Evazote will keep my shoulders warm (the Thermarest is too narrow) and allow me to tailor it to the shape of the HH and stop if sliding around. I'm also wondering if it'll be suitable to go around the outside; we shall see!

So two pieces of Evazote, one 3mm thick, the other 6mm thick, both 1.5m by 1m cost £14! Not bad for two custom sleeping mats IMO! Oh and it's black!

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
So I have an Hennessy, and I'm not that familiar with the design of the Snugpack. Leaves me wondering how you get up into the hammock, or have you done a mod?

Well you can get in to the hh with the underblanket on but I did a mod to mine I have a zipper on the long side and the short side I sewed u the velcro and get in from the top..

Much better

I've got an HH too. Not wanting to pay daft money to double the size and weight (and cost!) of my setup I've got two pieces of Evazote on order. This is the stuff that Gossamer Gear use to make their hammock-specific sleep pads, and I've read great things about this stuff.

It's cheap as chips and I already know that my Thermarest + 4 season sleeping bag are toasty at 0 degrees, so my hopes are high. I anticipate that the size of the Evazote will keep my shoulders warm (the Thermarest is too narrow) and allow me to tailor it to the shape of the HH and stop if sliding around. I'm also wondering if it'll be suitable to go around the outside; we shall see!

So two pieces of Evazote, one 3mm thick, the other 6mm thick, both 1.5m by 1m cost £14! Not bad for two custom sleeping mats IMO! Oh and it's black!

I like the sound of that. Was it from here?

http://www.algeos.com/acatalog/Evazote_EV50___BLACK_Sheet.html

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks. ~So how do you getting to an unmodded one with the quilt on? Sorry to be dumb but I just can't visualize it.

The underblanket is on bungee cord...you just push it out of the way and get in as normal, then the blanket just snaps back into place.

Love mine to bits & have used it down to about -5C.

Simon

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
I got my Evazote today, a 3mm piece and a 6mm piece. I'm seriously impressed. I've tried both bits in the hammock, and hanging the 6mm around the outside/boottom. The latter wasn't so great, I think the material isn't suitable for that. Used inside it's fabulous. Even the 3mm was good; 0.5 degrees, Sungpak 4 season bag, light cotton and t-shirt. The 3mm rolls well.

I highly recommend giving it a try.

moonvisage

Jun 23, 2008
birmingham
I was wondering if you could tell me the approximate weight of the 6mm sheet and the 3mm sheet,rcastillo?I would love to buy a sheet or two for backpacking after reading what you said about them.I am going to be using them in my Hennessy Hammock also.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
you can buy it from finland for a lot less than shipping it from hennessy direct. just wack in super shelter on google and then click on shopping. cant remember the name of the site but easy enough to find.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
o and also..... go on hammockforums for this sorta question... these two sites should be twinned really for bushcraft and hammocking.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE