Hennessey Expedition Asym Classic Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Been wanting to upgrade from my TW collection but can't afford the Warbonnet blackbird that I desire so took a punt on one of these on ebay. just an overview to start and will follow up with a proper review once I have spent a few nights in it.
Quite impressed with it but the issues I can see is not being able to remove the bugnet so not able to make a brew from my pit, getting in and out with a pad/uq and the tarp is tiny.

comfy lie tho

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Excuse my terminology, but is this the bum entry version? I thought the bug net was zipped on the newer version.

Asym does take a bit of getting used to. The sleep is great, but the sides wrap up higher. One side should be quite a bit lower at the head end, but they’re not “sofa” lounger type hammocks.

You looked at any of the BigMonsters? I’m liking my built in UQ job, though I must adjust the fixed ridge line as I feel I sag too much. No amount of tightening the straps is going to do anything but put more tension in it. Personal preference though, not anything to do with the design.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Yeah it's the bottom entry "classic". Overall I'm happy with it but will need to tinker to get it how I like. I will try to make an underquilt but need to source cheap down envelope sleeping bags. Costco down throws are good but I need a winter solution.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE