Hen Harriers

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
My brother worked in a quarry near Belfast, on one of the faces no longer worked there was a Peregrine nest. My brother took an RSPB guy up to inspect the nest on a cherry picker. As they got close the RSPB guy chuckled, all round the nest were the rings of racing pigeons. My brother reckoned there were over a hundred.

I took my Dad over to Mull this year and as we went up the west side of the island we were lucky to see a Hen Harrier and a golden eagle.
Buzzards are two a penny round here, I've been lucky to have a few close encounters. One of the best days I've had was watching the Ospreys catching trout in the loch above the town.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My brother worked in a quarry near Belfast, on one of the faces no longer worked there was a Peregrine nest. My brother took an RSPB guy up to inspect the nest on a cherry picker. As they got close the RSPB guy chuckled, all round the nest were the rings of racing pigeons. My brother reckoned there were over a hundred.

I took my Dad over to Mull this year and as we went up the west side of the island we were lucky to see a Hen Harrier and a golden eagle.
Buzzards are two a penny round here, I've been lucky to have a few close encounters. One of the best days I've had was watching the Ospreys catching trout in the loch above the town.

:cool::cool::cool: Lucky you. Would love to have seen the rings :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE