Help with husbands pressie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Hi,
It's coming up for my husbands birthday soon. We are both really into bushcraft stuff and have all the basic equipment, sleeping stuff, good knife, laplander saw, eating utensils, fire lighting equipment etc. We also have loads of bushcrafty books. Any ideas on stuff i can get him would be gratefully recieved.. he doesn't like things that are too 'Gucci'.

Thanks, Nichola

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I was out and about at the weekend, and one of my thoughts when I was there was that my Barmah hat has been one of my better purchases. Superb in the rain, keeps a surprising amount of heat in, keeps the sun off and folds up to go in a rucksack pocket.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
A piece of Swanndri clothing, a jacket or shirt perhaps?

Ray Mears DVD's?

Jacaru Hat? really superb bits of kit.

Sorry no good at this, can't get decent gifts for my Girlfriend let alone think of others for someones other half :lmao: :lmao: :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
A place on a course? You can learn lots from books etc but some things are best taught.
Sharpening kit.
Subscription to Bushcraft UK :D
Hammock?

How much would probably be good to know :D

David.from.Holland

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
Holland
More homecraft then bushcraft, but a dehydrator could be a nice present. Allows you to dry your vegies and fruit for consumption when out and about.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just one question Nichola. Does your husband read this forum? If so, you better ban him from reading this thread so what ever you do get will come as a suprise to him ;)

Oh, and like most everyone else is suggesting a place on a course would be a great gift to give. Not necessarilly a bushcraft course but maybe something like a knife making course so he has something at the end of it to remind him of your generosity :D

EDIT:

I just saw this pouch made by Leon-1 in another thread.
ppf11rz3.jpg

I reckon your husband would be over the moon if he got something like that, up for sale in this thread:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31230

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
You mention firelighting stuff, but what about a stove? Ideal when you can't light a fire or are in a bit of a hurry. Or a Kelly kettle?:)

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
How about a pair of binoculars? If you're out and about it's great to sit and watch what's going on around you. If you haven't one already, then you could get a bird book to go with.
Or there's always a spoon carving course ;)
Nicola

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
What about a large steak with some nice Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted followed by some peace and quiet with a nice book.

You'd never of guessed I've got two young kids - 1 teathing and 1 insomniac!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
How about a book like the Collin's Gem version of 'Food For Free'? It's small, portable, cheap, and immensely useful. Every bushcrafter should have one.

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Thanks guys, all the advice was brilliant. Gave me some really good ideas. a12jpm, i'm sorry you get no sleep! Thank god they grow out of teething!
Nichola

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE